I like to think so, yes.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Enigma123
Expert
Message 12 of 29

Re: Long term customer new problem.

Can you check what your estimated speed is as if you wanted to get FTTC as a new customer. I have found it very alarming that speed estimates for already established lines have gone down and some have gone down drastically.
How does this affect you or me and everyone else? Even if you got your 70Mb for 2years and the estimate said you would get 70Mb what has been happening about a month ago these line estimates are being lowered even though your line is proven!
So if your line estimate has gone down this year!? Say to 50Mb even though you got 70Mb and your estimate was that the year before it wouldn't matter as BT will go with the new estimate even though you could prove you got more it doesn't matter as you are getting the new estimated speed. I see this as a cop out, why? if their is a fault and DLM works out a rate of transfer that it can keep broadband stable and its the same rate as your estimated speed then no engineer or investigation is needed. BT win win no more speed problems just lower the estimated speed!
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 29

If there has been a fault on your line the Dynamic Line Management (DLM) which is an automated process will kick in and lower your line profile until it hits a spot that it deems is able to hold a stable connection. Once the fault has been fixed or disappears the DLM will then gradually increase the speed back up to a speed that the line can support. This can take upto 3 or 4 weeks to get back to what it was. That's assuming it does get there. If the fault reappears then the DLM starts over again.

This is an automated process used by Openreach for all ISPs not just BT.

I imagine that was why legitimise sailing said "It's already going up. Just be patient". He was not being sarcastic. He was trying to help by offering a useful answer.

mivanp
Contributor
Message 14 of 29

yeah i see what your saying. Ill try and check to see what it says and get back.

One thing i failed to mention is that i recontracted a couple of weeks back but i dont see how that would make any kind of difference to my connection as nothings changed other than being moved onto the totally unlimited side of things. Is this a reaction to that possibly that ,that gets removed but reduce your capable download speed.

I just dont get it!!!

I originally had to go through livingstones office initially when i got set up because of failed visits originally now it seems ill have to go through them again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 15 of 29

better hurry up as he is leaving soon
--
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 29

Moving package shouldn't change your speeds. It could be down to the recent weather/ heat / thunder & lightning storms etc causing problems with the lines. Keep an eye on it and if its not moved in a week or so then come back to forum and see if anything can be done.

0 Ratings
mivanp
Contributor
Message 17 of 29

Ive read that already, probably written by you lol

And i didnt find leg sailing comment useful.

At least you gave a explanation. Maybe legitamise sailing thinks "oh cos im on here ALL THE TIME i only need to give flippent statements cos im a know all/**bleep**" more like.

0 Ratings
mivanp
Contributor
Message 18 of 29

Wow do you really think people are beneath you, i keep up with news im ok thanks. And it might suprise you it wasnt actually him who dealt with my initial problem. Just his office. You need air.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 19 of 29

I take you know all the answers so why bother posting questions?
--
0 Ratings
mivanp
Contributor
Message 20 of 29

You know what,that might be the problem we did have some storms here but ill leave it another couple of weeks and see if things improve. I tried an estimate on my speeds as a new customer and it gave my the speeds im getting now but it did that originally and ive been on 76 down since day one.

0 Ratings