Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bootleggin
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Losing internet connection in evening

Go to solution

I have BT Infinity with home hub 3 and around the same time just about every evening I lose connection. Power save is not enabled, this is a wired connection. If I reset hub I get connection back, and if I do nothing the connection is back next morning. Is it worth getting a different router, has anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Losing internet connection in evening

Go to solution
Hi and welcome to the forum, you could try a replacement router by ringing tech support 0800 111 4567. Have you contacted them tech support regarding this issue?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I seem to get the same exact problem, my connection when I wake up (normally around 3PM as I work nights) has either totally been lost or only at around 0.50meg. sometimes my connection comes back if I leave it other times it dont, I'd say its either a homehub or modem issue. I'd call BT and ask for new homehub first then maybe buy a new one. seems to be mixed feelings on the forums with the homehub you get good ones then you get bad ones :S

0 Ratings
Bootleggin
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I rang the BT line and they were helpful and ran line tests, and booked an engineer to come out. However last night it was ok, so I cancelled engineer, no point him coming in afternoon when it works. If it happens again will get a different router from ebay.

0 Ratings
UrbanGrunt
Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Which number did you call exactly? I seem to have no luck on the phone to BT, just come Indian call centre that are completely useless.  

0 Ratings
Bootleggin
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

It was the number given by someone else on this post, perhaps you were unlucky with the person you spoke to.

0 Ratings