Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Loss of Broadband Connection

Hello,

On Monday afternoon I suddenly lost Broadband connection.

I have a Hub5, with a white wall box featuring two sockets (one above the other). The hub began to show an orange power light and flashing red broadband light. I attempted to use the online troubleshooting tool, which came back stating that there was an error and I needed to contact BT.

I reluctantly used the online chat function to contact BT (I have had a technical problem a few years ago and used the call centre at the time - it was a truly horrendous experience). Having spent an hour on chat trying various things, including resetting the hub, removing the white modem (which is no longer needed but has been attached for at least 2 years), and a factory reset, I was finally told that my hub was broken and required a replacement. As I am out of initial contract I was told that I would need to sign-up again.

I declined this 'kind offer' to use a fault to extort more money out of me and, having had enough of BT's awful service, promtly signed up for Sky Broadband, which will be installed on August 15th.

Unfortunately I have since borrowed a Hub 5 from someone else, only to discover that the same fault exists - so I do not believe the offshore team gave me the correct diagnosis of a new hub being required, and in fact a fault probably exists on the line. That makes the attempt to get me to sign a new contract off the back of this issue even worse IMO.

Anyway, as far as I can tell my line has become faulty while under contract with BT, I have an alternative provider installing on August 15th and therefore need it fixed by then. The previous experience I spoke of above (which was also a line fault), took 6 WEEKS! (Yes, 6 weeks, without broadband, going round and round the call centre and no one helping me, people hanging up when they realised it wasnt going to be an easy fix, etc).

So, as I have absolutely no confidence in the call centre team whatsoever, only managing to get my previous technical issue addressed by posting on this forum, I am here again.

Could someone please help me get my broadband line restored prior to August 15th. There is a fault already reported, but I would hazard that it is sat lingering someone not being looked at: ***EDITED***.

Many thanks,

Mike

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Loss of Broadband Connection

Can Someone from BT please respond and help?

Now the 6th of August (est fix date still showing as Aug 5th) and no change. Fault still exists, no indication from BT that it is going to be fixed. All very familiar.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 11

Are you by any chance on Crowborough exchange?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

Hi @MikeBerry and thanks for posting.

Is this sorted yet? Can you confirm which exchange you're on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Hi David,

I am on the Guiseley exchange.

Still no fix unfortunately and the estimate still reads as August 5th.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 6 of 11

There's no reported cabinet faults  in that exchange area. There's only 2 fibre cabinet faults plus 2 FTTP headend faults  in the whole of the UK.

It must be some other issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Could it be this problem with the Hub 5s since a firmware update that people are talking about?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 8 of 11

Highly unlikely as you have tried 2 of them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for getting back @MikeBerry.

I can take a look at this for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Thank you. I have sent you the details - someone has marked the issue as 'fixed' but it is not. I tried resetting the router again but it made no difference.

All very familiar from my last experience - how can the standard support service (ie. not the forum team) be so awful? I would have thought that after 6 years the service would have improved. Please could you help me get this fixed? A week has passed already.

0 Ratings