cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Avocet
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Loss of Infinity speed

Two weeks ago my speeds dropped by around half,from 17.5-20 Mbps download and 1-1.4 Mbps upload to around 9.8 download and 0.3-.05 upload.I have had two Openreach engineer visits and there is no line fault and they decided my Hub 6 was faulty,at the master socket the downstream is 19-20 Mbps and the upstream around 0.6-1 Mbps and it is around that at the Hub but coming from the Hub at the previously mentioned lower speeds.BT have sent me a replacement Hub but the speeds on that are even worse than my so-called faulty Hub 6.The engineer said there is usually a slight drop from the Hub but I should be getting about 17.5 to 19 download and about 1Mbps upload.I am pulling my hair out because of this,BT are really difficult to deal with,they closed my case before it has been resolved and have not responded to my complant form,I am getting nowhere,this is the third time a similar problem has occured,last time the fault was at the exchange and was rectified in a few days.I don't understand why my new Hub is even worse,faulty aswell I suppose,do I need to ditch the BT equipment and buy myself a new router ?.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Loss of Infinity speed

post hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

check for line noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Avocet
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

BT.jpgUntitled.jpg

0 Ratings
Avocet
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Quiet line test was silent and the technical logs are from my supposedly faulty original Hub,it runs faster than it's replacement.

0 Ratings