cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Loss of broadband and can't contact BT

Having got up at 5am to do some urgent work, I found my broadband was down!

Ok, I have the Halo “stay connected” guarantee and I already have a mini-hub, so all I need to do is phone BT and ask them to activate the min-hub.  Simple… eh?

Phoned the 0800 800 500 number, got the usual automated response. Answered all the automated questions etc, and eventually got to the “we are connecting you to an advisor” message. Then got another automated message to say “our advisers are available from 8.00AM to 8.30PM” and then BT just dropped the call.

So… no way to ask then to activate the mini-hub outside these hours!

Does the Halo “stay connected” guarantee only apply to the daytime from 8-8.30
Is this really correct or have I missed some other way to phone BT outside of those hours  ???

(The router has now reconnected about 3 hours later)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Loss of broadband and can't contact BT

@Ted_ntsx 

Its only the Hybrid Connect unit that switches automatically to backup, but I think that is only available with Halo 3.

https://www.bt.com/exp/halo?s_intcid=con_redirect_halo

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

The BT Halo mini hub should switch in automatically, if you subscribe to Halo 3+.  
(That's what the T&C's say.)  Is your 4G signal good?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

4G is not great here, but is useable.

However, what I really wanted was just to be able to phone BT and get them to activate the mini-hub.
Now it seems that is only possible between 8.00AM and 8.30PM.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes, agreed.
The point I was trying to make is that there's a difference between Halo 3 and Halo 3 + (PLUS). T&C's say that Plus gives you automatic transfer to 4G. 
I get 2 bars on 4G., at around 100dB as shown on the Hub Manager display, which is shown as "good".  Signal is always there and should switch automatically.
There's a slight increase in price with Halo 3 +.

0 Ratings