cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnboy1981
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: Loss of connection with Broadband from modem/hub.

Go to solution

Thanks for your replies guys, in the nicest possible way, it's good to hear other people are experiencing similar issues!

Although my speed doesn't drop right down before disconnection and the connection does not re-connect itself, it sounds as if I was correct and there is an issue with the modem.  I'll try re-positioning the modem as at the moment, it is just sat on a window sill with the hub on top.  My engineer never said anything about overheating either, just asked where I wanted it to go.  If this doesn't rectify the issue, I will request some new kit to see if this resolves the issue.  Although I don't want another engineer visit just to plug in and switch on a modem! I can attach it to the wall myself!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution
Hi as the modem is openreach property they will want to visit and reinstall the new one
0 Ratings
johnboy1981
Beginner
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

Hi again guys,

looks like Covman's suggestion of the modem overheating is the correct diagnosis. Since then I have kind of temporarily attached it to the wall and orientated it with the cables coming out of the bottom and my connection has not disconnected since then.  Hopefully the problem will not rear its head again and I will properly attach it to the wall now.

Only thing that remains is to try and get the speed I was promised!! Currently topping out around 20 meg but was promised about 30 meg!

Thanks again for all your help.

John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution
It could take a week or so for the speed to increase now that the drops have stopped.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings