cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Loss of speed after work undertaken

Hi

Openreach have been working down the road from my house - the connection was going on and off and on and off quite a few times - would be nice to of had some notice but that's another topic.

Lost some 9mb in download speed once the work had stopped  - normally get 32 but now get 23/24 down.

Let router off for 20 mins and still getting 24.

Will I get the speed back or do I need to lodge a ticket with BT?

Many thanks in advance

Rob.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Loss of speed after work undertaken

It is Openreach that you will need to complain to regarding not being notified about work  being done. They probably didn't notify BT either.

As regards your speed. If the connection was going on and off it has probably activated the automated process DLM (Dynamic Line Management) which will have slowed your speed to try and maintain a stable connection.

If the work has now stopped and the line is stable again DLM should slowly increase you speeds back to what it was. This can however take a few weeks to fully happen. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply!

Rob.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Might not be ‘Planned Engineering Works’. Could be an Engineer fixing a fault came across a faulty 100 pair cable joint and or a faulty cable section that was affecting X amount of circuits so a decision to fix/replace it there and then was decided.

Message 5 of 5

@Starwire  Never as simple as people seem to think.  I remember an outage just outside Uxbridege a few years ago. Someome working on improvements for railtrack ripped up 3x500 pair cables causing a big outage. Took over a week to finally fix, even though Openreach engineers were working 24/7 to get it done.  The trains and tube running again took prority so they had to work around that.

0 Ratings