cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Loss of speed in my area

Hey guys i live in Ramsgate Kent and im seeing a major loss in download / speedtest speeds like something is slowing down the network?

as it is im going through issues where my router is syncing at around 37 instead of my 46 from a fault i had which still hasn't had an engineer come to do the DLM reset.

But for some reason tonight i can barely get over 22mb or 2.2mbps download and my brother has the same issue.

We both live in the same road but are served by seperate cab's.

here is my test result

and here is my brothers

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Loss of speed in my area

The speed seems to keep coming back and dropping off again so maybe some congestion in my local network.

Also is there any way i can contact the mods about getting an engineer out to do the DLM reset? ive seen barely any speed increase on my line since my fault and telephone support keep fobbing me off saying they will fix it but haven't

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk. http://bthomehub.home/

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

My download / speedtest speeds seem to have recovered and are going at 36 / 3.6MB/s again

But my line speed / DLM issue is still unfixed ofc

here's the results of the adsl checker

And here is my router stats as stated before the fault that was fixed i would get the full 45/46 on the max data rate and 6 Upload but sadly the engineer that fixed my fault with the phone line was not qualified to reset the DLM or didnt know how too

Max data reported for upload is wrong it can do 6 and before it changed to 4 it was doing 2 while we had the fault

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Just leave the connection alone and the DLM will sort it self out given a few weeks
0 Ratings
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

This was my speed before the issue back when i was on plusnet

Also only issue is my router seems to have a tendancy to reboot randomly mainly related to the Wifi.. it just stops working and then acts like its crashed and reboots to green for like 5 mins then syncs again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Perhaps look into getting a decent router
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Well im using the Hub 6 that was supplied when i switched over to BT maybe i should change back to my Plusnet hub (Hub 5) ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Try one factory reset of the hub using the reset pin hole at the back of the hub hold the pin on the rest for about 20 seconds
0 Ratings
supernoodles
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Did that recently when my firmware got updated to SG4B100021F4

Basically what happens is the Wifi stops working on my mobile and my partners and then no matter what you do when you try to reconnect to it it just refuses to and then a few moments later the router will go green and reboot.

Also happens with wireless bands seperated into 2 and 5ghz

0 Ratings