cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 22

Lost broadband connection, Smart Hub can't connect. No resolution likely for over two weeks!

We lost our broadband connection on 30th June and the Smart Hub can't re-establish a connection. The Hub and ADSL filter are fine, I have tried these at a different property and get a connection with no problem. I have used the BT test socket, the same problem exists. The phone line itself is unaffected, and I also have connected the phone into the test socket and run the quiet line test, there is no noise on the line.

The problem is reported to BT, but no engineer appointment is available until 16th July. I appreciate that these are difficult times, but being without the broadband service for over two weeks is not acceptable. As with many other families, we rely on internet connectivity for my remote working and my childrens' online classes.

Is there any other suggested approach to resolving this issue? I presume that there will be a refund on my bill for the period that the service is unavailable, and how about some recognition of the inconvenience caused?

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

Re: Lost broadband connection, Smart Hub can't connect. No resolution likely for over two weeks!

@Frustrated15 

Is your phone line working with the correct phone number?

Dial 17070 to check?

Are you sure you are on an ADSL connection? (standard broadband)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 22

Re: Lost broadband connection, Smart Hub can't connect. No resolution likely for over two weeks!

what colour is hub light when you connect it?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 22

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, phone line is working with the correct number, and yes, I did use 17070.

We had standard broadband until a few months ago, the package was then upgraded to Fibre Essentials but is still copper into the house. This was working fine until 30th June.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 22

Hi, the light is flashing orange.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 22

@Frustrated15 wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes, phone line is working with the correct number, and yes, I did use 17070.

We had standard broadband until a few months ago, the package was then upgraded to Fibre Essentials but is still copper into the house. This was working fine until 30th June.

I have moved this thread to this (correct) board.

Have you tried a factory reset of the home hub?

Its possibly a fault in the cabinet, or your connection has been disconnected in error?

Did you actually get the faster speed when you were upgraded?

Also check your connections,

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpeg

Keith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Thanks again @Keith_Beddoe,

Yes, I did a factory reset of the hub this morning, although this doesn't seem to have lost the information from the technical log, which I thought it said it would.

There was some improvement in the line speed, up to around 8-10 Mbps.

The master socket looks like #1, but has 'Openreach' on the top, fixed part of the faceplate like #2. The connections all seem OK, I have reconnected them and as I say the kit all worked fine at another location.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 22

when you did the factory reset using recessed button on back did you hold button 20/30 secs until lights flashed as that should totally clear your hub

remember to turn off smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 22

@Frustrated15wrote:

As with many other families, we rely on internet connectivity for my remote working and my childrens' online classes.

I know this is not solution to your problem but, as a work-around for your children, if you have a decent mobile data plan you could you use your mobile as a hotspot

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 22

Hi @imjolly, didn't know about turning smart set up off, have done that and another factory reset, but no difference unfortunately.  

0 Ratings