cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Lost modem power supply

Hi all,

I have recently signed back with BT for full fibre 900 but I have lost the power supply for the original modem when I was previously on FTTP.

I have the 4 port Openreach modem with the PON being the first light and Power the last 

Can anyone please advise where I can purchase the power cable from as BT have only scheduled a landline engineer for the installation in a few weeks.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lost modem power supply

I’d recommend getting BT to send an Openreach Engineer out to replace it as they can get the correct ones direct from their Supply Chain.

You plug in the wrong kind and you could risk damaging the ONT.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I have a landline engineer booked. Do i need a different engineer for the modem issue? Will the landline engineer be able to install the digital voice service without a powered modem?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Digital voice is supplied via the ONT, without power no connection.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Unless said ‘Landline Engineer’ as you call them is also FTTP Skilled then chances of him having one are none existent to not a chance.

Sorry, hold on. You’re getting Digital Voice?

In that case I’d imagine said Engineer will be an FTTP Installer to install the FTTP.

Digital Voice doesn’t require an Engineer Installation. It’s a Customer Self Install Product. Openreach Engineers don’t install or have anything to do with VOiP. Some of them may setup the phones but most don’t as it’s literally a case of, ‘not my job mate’. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the replies.

My order tracker literally refers to the engineer as 'landline engineer' who is expected to visit same day as go live day.

I gave BT a call earlier and they mentioned that openreach do a check for live ONTs in households before scheduling an engineer for installation and as I have no power my test will fail so they will send out an engineer once this test is done.

I guess its because some households already have an ONT modem thats functional so no need for openreach.

Still not sure why I have an engineer visiting for landline though, as you say it may be the fttp engineer...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I can’t work out what the crack is then, when FVA was a thing Openreach used to send someone out on what they called a, FVA Handover Visit’. 

It was only for New Sites though and it was to ensure the Developer had correctly wired up the FVA Side of things. Although there is no FVA anymore so it can’t be that.

Guess you’ll just have to wait for him to arrive and see what he’s there for as I doubt you’ll get much sense from a BT Call Centre.

0 Ratings