cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelts
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Low IP Profile

Can anyone tell me why the IP Profile for my line is maxed at 24.2mbps?

When I signed up for Infinity, the line said and still does support up to 52mbps

When the Engineer set things up, he tested the line and it came out as 48mbps, he rang BT and were told there was a cap on the line, which they then removed.

After they did this, however, the connection kept dropping out and the blue broadband light wouldn't come on for ages

I've not had any connection issues for a while and I'm happy with the speed and performance, my sone uses the network constantly for X-Box gaming and never have any issues when using the internet at the same time like we used to with Sky ADSL but I don't think I'm getting what I am paying for as I am receiving 1/2 the speed of what we should be.

Just signed up for a new contract to get the BT Sport Channel so I am committed and was wondering if it was worth ringing BT to find out what's happening, although reluctant to do that due to the issues I read on here from people who have had the misfortune to go down that route!

Cheers

Shelts

ScreenHunter_284 Jun. 12 16.10.jpgScreenHunter_283 Jun. 12 16.08.jpg

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Low IP Profile

Hi shelts,

If you are still having trouble can you fill out the contact us form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
shelts
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Low IP Profile

This had resolved itself as I was up to 40mb download which was OK but it's dropped again to below BT Infinty Option 1 level, the connection very rarely drops but the speed does vary, is there anything I can do by resetting the HH3 or will that make things worse?

Cheers

Shelts

ScreenHunter_628 May. 15 11.43.jpg

0 Ratings