cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Low Sync Speed

I hope someone on here can help me I've been receiving solid 73mb down and 20mb up for a good few months since joining BT I noticed the other night my BT hub started flashing with a purple light then went back to blue I have noticed my Sync speed going to to the hub is 24.664Mbps and upload is 4.36Mbps I have done all the restarting and still the speed is the same. 

I have also noticed feels like BT or Openreach dont have no control on my connection I have even changed my package to the 40mb profile and nothing happens when changing packages gives you the option if you want the speed changed within the next hour.

Thanks 

Paul 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Low Sync Speed

@Shrubbfamily123 

Is your phone line working, can you get dial tone, as it sounds like a disconnection on one wire of your phone line?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I'm on digital voice 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@Shrubbfamily123 wrote:

I'm on digital voice 

Then you have a problem. All you can do is to report the low broadband speed and let BT sort it out. As they can no longer test the line, they would have to pass it to Openreach to actually do a physical check.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Shrubbfamily123wrote:

I hope someone on here can help me I've been receiving solid 73mb down and 20mb up for a good few months since joining BT I noticed the other night my BT hub started flashing with a purple light then went back to blue I have noticed my Sync speed going to to the hub is 24.664Mbps and upload is 4.36Mbps I have done all the restarting and still the speed is the same. 

I have also noticed feels like BT or Openreach dont have no control on my connection I have even changed my package to the 40mb profile and nothing happens when changing packages gives you the option if you want the speed changed within the next hour.

Thanks 

Paul 

Why would you change packages to the 40mb while you should be getting your original 73mb on the 80mb FTTC?

Message 6 of 8

When customers move to Digital Voice, there is little they can do to determine the fault by testing, apart from making sure that there are no issues with their internal wiring. If the speed is still poor at the test socket, there is nothing else they can do.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

I’m guessing that the quiet line test will be of no use to someone on FTTC and DV ( be interesting if someone on these products dialled 17070 , presumably there isn’t the option for QLT ) , but customers should still be able to test their own line by logging into ‘My BT’ ( or whatever it’s called ) and using the line test function, the option to call customer service and speak to an advisor is also available , getting them to test the line.

Presumably , ‘test access’ is still via the PSTN exchange equipment ( so would in effect test both the E side and D side cables  , although the E side and exchange equipment are effectively redundant ) unless some recent upgrades have now shifted the line test  facility to the FTTC equipment from the ‘exchange’ , any defect found should be reported to Openreach by the CP ( BT in this case ) to be rectified.

It may well be the OP has a line fault , being on DV removes one element of the customer being able to diagnose the issue,  they probably cannot truthfully report the issue as a ‘noisy line’ anymore , but can still report slow broadband .

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

I've spoken to BT technical support person I spoke with thinks my cable inside the cabinet has been placed on the incorrect ports 

Openreach are coming out tomorrow to investigate 

0 Ratings