Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LU25
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Low speeds for the past week - 7-8Mbps

I've had really low speeds for the last 2 weeks. Around 7-8Mbps, but sometimes as low as 1Mbps, when I'd usually be getting 30-35Mbps. Spoken to numerous agents about the issue, ran through the usual steps to solve the problem. No luck.

I've had issues with conjestion in the past but then BT wholesale worked on the exchange and the issue hasn't been seen again.. until now!

Exchange Name: Burton On Trent
OLO: EMBURTO

If anyone can help look into this I'd really appreciate it. These speeds are awful.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Low speeds for the past week - 7-8Mbps

Can you post the connection stats from your hub and the result of the Further Diagnostics speed test from HERE?

Do you have a dial tone on your phone?

0 Ratings
LU25
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Sure, please see screenshot of the test here: https://imgur.com/e4HbOi4

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

can you post your hub stats

was btspeedtester results you posted done with ethernet conenction?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LU25
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I've just checked the phone, and nothing, no dial tone or anything!

0 Ratings
LU25
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Yes, and here is the latest one from this morning. A bit quicker, but nowhere near the speeds I was getting a month ago of 34-37Mbps but the internet seems to be dropping out every ten minutes as well...

https://imgur.com/a/8mAbdYv 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

if you have no dial tone then you need to check again but using the test socket  if still no dial tone then you need to phone 151 and report a phone fault     this is cause of your low speeds

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
LU25
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

It does appear to be the phone line, just check the actual phone at my parents house and it's fine.

How do I call 151 if my phone doesn't have a dial tone?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

use your mobile  0800800151

did you check using the test socket to make sure it was not your wiring or master socket faceplate - just to avoid a call out charge of £129.99

0 Ratings
LU25
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Yes I took the face plate off and plugged straight into the test socket. I'll double check before I call and will post back the outcome!
0 Ratings