cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pebbleheed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Major problems with BT infinity and now no service at all!

Hi all,

I've been a BT customer for a while. I moved from Virgin Media and found BT to be fantastic. It was fast, reliable, decently priced and I was very satisifed as a customer. I used to recommend them to everyone. Sadly I am currently experiencing the worst of BT. It's not their products letting me down, it's a problem with customer services.

I had BT Infinity 2, Youview and a telephone package at home. I paid for my line rental up front and all was well. I was about to move home and so I contacted BT in plenty of time to advise of this. The new place didn't have a phone line but they offered to wave connection charges if I signed up to a new contract. No issues and I was happy.

Plans changed and I ended up not moving house. I called BT to cancel my home move. They understood fully and said that despite the service being stopped at my home they would reinstate it and cancel the installation at the other address. All good so far.

A day or so later I had a phone line, with a different phone number sadly, and BT Infinity back on at my current home address. Brilliant! I was happy.

A few days passed and I received a call from a BT engineer. He was outside the address I was at one point going to be moving to. I explained I didn't want the service installing there because I had not moved afterall and that BT were aware of this. He apologised and said he'd sort it. Sadly a few days later another engineer called from outside the address again. This happened a total of THREE times - so anyone waiting a while for BT engineers to install or fix your service, perhaps this is a reason as to why you're waiting so long with three cancelled appointments going to waste!

Finally I stopped getting the calls. I was told by customer services that my phone number would change back to my original number in a few days and that I could sit back and relax and nothing else would need doin. Lovely. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

A week or so later the Infinity broadband stopped working.

I checked with BT, they told me that I had not had Infinity broadband since the cancelled move. I told them I had and that it was sorted by one of their overseas call centres, but they insisted I hadn't had it and that whatever this person overseas had done it wasn't right.

At the time of having the broadband it was coming through the Infinity port, in to an Infinity modem and in to the homehub 3 via the Infinity port. On top of that I was getting around 35-37Mb/s which is about right for the area I live in for Infinity. And finally, a few IP and speed checks at the time had confirmed I was indeed on BT Infinity. Despite all this the lady on the phone insisted it wasn't possible for this to have happened and I must have been mistaken!! Look at the facts, they speak for themselves.

BT then advised me that they had to now cancel all my services which would take at least 24 hours. Then I'd have to wait until Monday because nothing is done over the weekend, for a new order to be placed. I would receive a call on Monday, which to be fair they made and kept their word.

Now I'm in the situation where BT are sending out an engineer to install BT ADSL to my address. This will be a temporary thing for a week or so while they arrange to fit BT Infinity to my address! I pointed out this was a pointless exervise as my house has Infinity but they just turned it off recently after it working for a week or so. They ignored this until I pointed out I was using Infinity equipment and not ADSL equipment. Now they've said they'll send Microfilters to my address and I can remove the Infinity modem until they reinstall Infinity.

Add to the above that at one point I was also without a phone for a while and spent around 2 hours on hold in total on my mobile phone, which I get charged for, and you can see why I am quickly losing faith in BT. They've managed to turn me from a customer who loved their products to one who dispairs at the thought of having to spend yet more time on the phone to deal with a problem that BT actually appear to have created by not knowing what each department has done.

Each call I hear terms such as 'off line team' 'sales team' ' new order team' and I keep getting passed to different departments. I had at one point a call from BT on my mobile while I was on my landline and the lady on the mobile told me to hang up on the lady on the landline! They can't even be civil with each other it seems!

So here I am, stuck without internet and with a phone number that I don't recognise. My original number rings, but not at my house. Anyone calling me never gets an answer, where ever it actually rings.

Today I was told this whole problem is going to take yet another week, until at least a week today! And even then the solution at that point will be a temporary ADSL connection, not the Infinity product that I pay for.

The overseas call centre appeared to have it all sorted. Infinity was back, my phone was meant to change in a day or two. Then the UK team got hold of it, cancelled Infinity, ordered ADSL, turned it all off for at least two weeks and apologised a few times.

Although people are polite on the phone and I respect they are trying to help individually, nobody has taken ownership of my problem. I am passed from team to team, churned out the same lines on each follow up call and each time the delay gets longer and longer without actually getting the service I'm meant to have. This is appauling customer service.

Can someone at BT PLEASE sort out my account and turn on my services? It appears that everything physically works, but people keep turning things off for some reason and then doubting me when I say it was working.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Major problems with BT infinity and now no service at all!

Hi pebbleheed,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!  Your post doesn't make great reading to be perfectly honest! Smiley Sad

I can help sort everything out from here.  To get in touch, click on my username and under the section "about me" you'll see the link to "contact the mods".

Please include a link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Pebbleheed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for responding.

I have completed the form as requested.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Pebbleheed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Just to confirm, I filled in the form and I've not heard anything back from BT.

And to make matters worse, my bills aren't frozen as BT promised. Worse still, I'm being billed twice so my direct debit instead of being just over £20 a month is now over £40 a month!!!

BT you need to sort this out NOW! I am furious! You've given me nothing but shockingly poor service and now you're attacking my bank account.

I'm going to cancel the direct debit if it's not sorted within 24 hours.

Someone better contact me asap.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Provided you filled in the form which looks like this. (It asks for your community user name)

Image2.jpg

And received a reference number, then you should receive a reply in about 3-5 working days.

If you filled in the normal "Contact Us" form, then you could wait a long time.

0 Ratings
ozyri
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

2 weeks... try 4-6 months 🙂 I sincerelly wish you to get the problem sorted out quicly! Good luck.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi Pebbleheed,

I have your email and will be in touch today.

Cheers

David
Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Pebbleheed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I got my reply, sadly it wasn't the one I was looking for. Seems the saga will continue and I'm awaiting another call on Monday.

More annoying still is that I received an email today saying that my prepaid line rental will expire soon, so they've not paused that while I've been having all these problems. On top of that I'm still unhappy that BT have billed me for 2 lots of services despite the fact I'm not receving one at present.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

David will get to ther bottom of it and get you sorted out.

0 Ratings