cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Major server outage

I have had the orange light on my router since 19/10/22 and no internet connection I have tried multiple times to contact BT and only been able to contact through messages, there is a apparent major server outage on which I am being updated with a new ETC every day. However it is not a reliable ETC if it changes multiple time a day I am now on my 5th ETC and just need to know when my wifi is back online. I pay a substantial amount every month for internet and I can’t even get a explanation as to why it’s not working and a realistic ETC!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Major server outage

BT or rather Openreach do not change  completion dates just to annoy people. The dates are given in good faith but unfortunately some times it takes longer to fix than anticipated.

Where is the outage?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I understand that but when there’s a strike going on the same day they are giving me ETCs it’s hard to believe. It’s in Swindon 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

BT don't make the dates up, it relies on the update they receive from the network owner which is Openreach, if an initial estimate is moved, it means something changed, it happens and it's frustrating but an MSO means multiple people are impacted, so Openreach will try and resolve quickly.

0 Ratings