cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
c53204
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Major work on a roundabout?

Within half a mile of my home 8 BT vans working most of the night, on and around a roundabout. Didn't think anything of it until the next day and today.

My previous 'never failed' Infinity connection has been down several times per day since then. Coincidence? Spoke to BT on phone and in chat and no idea what was going on. As my connection works after modem reboot, them see totally useless.

Any ideas. G67 area - Cumbernauld, at Brahead roundabout.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Major work on a roundabout?

Yeah, they were out lowering everyone's DLM.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

They may have been changing out a faulty cable that may have resulted in a disconnection of your line for a short time.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Maybe they were a cable recovery team recovering old and unused cabling?
0 Ratings
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Maybe they were Second Stage Repair engineers replacing 200 metres of copper cabling that had a high level of battery contact faults?
0 Ratings
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Or maybe they were a NGA cabling team blowing through fibre to connect up a new RDSLAM?
0 Ratings
Icarus
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Maybe the only people who actually know what they were doing is the engineers themselves and the people who told them to go out and do whatever they were doing because no one on this site will actually have any knowledge whatsoever.
0 Ratings