cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 44

Re: Massive difference between Ethernet and Wifi

It was just to test the speed difference its not to be used. We wish to use the HH2 as we have digital phone which needs HH2.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 44

So you have SH2 connected to broadband and Netgear Nighthawk connected to a LAN socket on the SH2?

If that's right then you need to disable the DHCP server on one of the routers, it doesn't matter which one as long as they're both on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 44

Openreach did the install I did notice the plug they used had the other SSID on it

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 44

It could be the "old" hub's power plug is causing interference. Fit the new one and see how you get on.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 44

Sorry I dont think I was clear.

The netgear was simply plugged in 10 mins ago to test the speed via wifi and was getting 200+ when unplugged and switched off the speed from BT HH2 went back to 15Mbps.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 44

BT have the other HH2 and from the looks of it the incorrect Power Supply. 

I suppose will have to wait to see what they say tomorrow. I have many screen shots of different devices at different times of the day showing the speed decreasing to the evening of about 15Mbps

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 44

If it was the power supply I would expect it to be faulty all the time but it is worth checking it if only to eliminate it from the problem.

Is there any pattern to the speed drop?

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 44

No real pattern it just appears to suffer on an evening however as said the Netgear is giving 200+ and as it’s simply plugged into the HH2 I would expect the HH2 to be capable of speeds higher than 15Mbps.

Maybe I should check if someone in nearby house has an old TV like that couple in a village that caused all the service to stop lol

Message 19 of 44

It is capable of more. Check the wireless mode in Advanced settings, it should be set to Mode 1

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 44

yeah it’s on Mode 1 calling BT earlier they did ask to switch to Mode 2 but found no different and so switched back to mode 1 and reset 

0 Ratings