cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nrosten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 89

Re: Massive loss of broadband upload speed.

Go to solution

Thanks for the update Sean - still painfully slow upload wise this end so will wait on next update. 

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 62 of 89

Go to solution

Thanks for confirming @nrosten I understand your pain Smiley Wink

We have the right guys on this now so a solution shouldn't be to far off the horizon

DinkyDoughnut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 89

Go to solution
Just a quick update.

I received a text from BT in the middle of the night saying the problem should be fixed so after a restart of the router this morning, I ran a speedtest but the issue has not been fixed at all. Download speeds are still ok but upload speeds are still very low so whatever ‘fixes’ have been done have not worked for me.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 64 of 89

Go to solution

Thanks @DinkyDoughnut,

Really sorry for the late night, early morning text, this must have been automated but poor none the less Smiley Embarassed

Thanks for confirming.  Openreach replaced the headend card at around 10pm last night, they monitored the performance and confirmed that this had not fixed the issue.  Further testing through the night resulted in them making further changes to hardware at around 3am.

They have also engaged with their vendors and continue to investigate what is causing this problem.  I appreciate that having a poor upload speed is frustrating and an inconvenience but please bear with us, our suppliers are still working on a solution.

As soon as I get further updates I will let you all know.  Thanks for your continued patience Smiley Happy

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
DinkyDoughnut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 89

Go to solution
That’s ok mate, it didn’t wake me up. I only saw it when my alarm went off this morning.

Thank you for keeping us updated, it’s much appreciated. I’ll continue to run speed tests and update you if any significant changes

Thanks
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 66 of 89

Go to solution

Thanks @DinkyDoughnut,

Updates on how your upload is performing will certainly help Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
nrosten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 67 of 89

Go to solution

My upload from 6 different speed tests are 0.4 to 1.1. The bt wholesale shows 3 meg but this is never attainable.

before the issue it was 19. I have had several calls from Openreach who appear to be a bit baffled!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MB7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 89

Go to solution

Hi guys,

my broadband went down completely last night at about 8pm. Red light on the hub. Then a yellow one which stayed on for the rest of the evening. Awoke this morning to find broadband back up. With a hopeful heart I tried to upload some files, but alas there was no improvement in the upload speed! Just read the last few posts - looks like the good folk of Bury will have to be patient for a bit longer. Thanks to the mods here for taking up this issue.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 69 of 89

Go to solution

Hi @MB7,

I am sorry for the outage.  I wasn't aware that the work they were completing would have caused a complete loss in service, although I must admit the things they are doing goes above my technical knowledge Smiley Embarassed 

The card change only took place at around 10pm last night so strange you lost service before that but I guess they may have been doing other things in preparation for the replacement of the card, hopefully there will be no more of that carry on during the times you could be using your connection

We very much appreciate the patience from all the good folk of Bury caught up in this issue Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
nrosten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 89

Go to solution

HI All,

I have had several updates from the case management team. Turns out it has been acknowledged as an area wide issue and they plan to replace / repair some piece of kit which is showing degraded performance. This is supposed to be happening Sunday morning. I will update if i hear anything else.  Have a good weekend!

0 Ratings