cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MB7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 71 of 89

Re: Massive loss of broadband upload speed.

Go to solution

nrosten - thanks for that. Quite by chance today I happened to see some Openreach engineers working on a job up the road from me. Had a little chat with them and they said the issue of slow upload speeds in the town was a bit of an anomaly and that the matter was currently being pursued by a diagnostic team.  Let’s hope it is resolved over the weekend.

0 Ratings
Gabev
Beginner
Message 72 of 89

Go to solution

Hi Everyone! 

I have the same issue with my upload speed. Since 4th of March, it's between 0.5 and 4mbps, while before it was about 15mbps. I have been contacting BT since than and briefly they said that only the download speed is guaranteed. They were "trying" to fix the issue, but today they gave me a phone call, saying that because there is no guaranteed upload speed in the contract, they will close the issue. 

Reading the above comments, I really hope that they are still trying to fix the problem because as a streamer 200 people are waiting for me to broadcast again...

0 Ratings
suffolkchat
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 89

Go to solution

Hi 

Risbygate street   served by cabinet 8, in St Andrews st  outside mulleys

2 weeks now upload speeds have been  so low it is affecting my  gaming  and  current uploads 

spoke to bt  uk  and after 2 tests  both said  there is no problem  

normal speeds are 75mbps / 17.5mbps 

current speeds are 75mbps / 1.2mbps 

but  i cannot  use upload speed very poor  service  for past 2 weeks 

john

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MB7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 74 of 89

Go to solution

Hi John, as you’ll see from the previous posts there’s a problem with upload speeds in the town which occurred quite suddeny a fortnight ago. The moderators here have been very helpful in getting BT/Openreach to take the loss of service seriously. As things stand the problem is being addressed by engineers in the local exchange and beyond. We’re all now hoping a fix is imminent.

0 Ratings
Gabev
Beginner
Message 75 of 89

Go to solution

My problem started on 4th of March. On 3th of March Everything was totally fine, but on 4th my upload speed somewhy did not go higher then 1-2mb/s. I did a lot of test with different setup. (Different ethernet cable, device [PC and laptop win10 and win 7] different filter, i have two different landline socket in the flat so i tested both, i got a new modem 2 days ago, but the result was always the same, my uplaod speed was totalli useless. I checked the HUB manager, where i see the Upload sync speed is 16mb/s. So if i am correct it means the signal can reach the flat with maximum speed. So I just simply went through step by step, what was the different between 3th and 4th of march, then i found something. My BT hub got a new firmware version on 4th of March, when my problem started. This version is SG4B1000B522.  After this i just typed in the google this version, and i found a lot of forum and topic with the same experiences. after this version the upload speed just fall down! I don't know it is the reason or not. i just wrote down my experience, maybe it helps to fix the problem! 🙂 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 76 of 89

Go to solution

@Gabev

Try a factory reset of the home hub, that will ensure that it has the updated configuration file that cam with the firmware update.

0 Ratings
Gabev
Beginner
Message 77 of 89

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe

It looks like this after the Factory reset! I did this many times in the last 2 weeks without any success.advance.jpgfresh.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 78 of 89

Go to solution

If you did that speed test over a wireless connection, then its meaningless, as wireless is subject to too much interference.

You need to use the BT Wholesale performance tester, with an Ethernet connected computer.

0 Ratings
Gabev
Beginner
Message 79 of 89

Go to solution

I did the first test with ethernet cable, as well. Here is the BT wholesale test. It is a little bit interesting. the Uplaod speed is still low, but look at the download speed!  

fresh.jpg

0 Ratings
nrosten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 80 of 89

Go to solution

Gabev

most of us on here had the issue start around the 4th - no amount of speedtests or resets are likely to fix it as its an area issue affected multiple customers accross various cabinets. The BT wholesale speedtester gives false results on a regular basis but unfortunately its the only one BT accepts. I have been told engineers attending tomorrow moring to replace / repair some kit - assume exchange or somewhere in between - who knows! providing the snow stops as we all know how the country goes in standstill mode when a flake of snow drops.

0 Ratings