cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 89

Re: Massive loss of broadband upload speed.

Go to solution

I am not worried. You may be a residential user but if your line is a business one this forum can not help you should you require any in the future. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 89

Go to solution

MB7

If you post the information that was requested by imjolly in message 2 it may be possible for the forum members to offer some assistance.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 89

Go to solution

why not just post the information I requested and the forum mods who are only BT employees on the forum may be able to help you get your problem fixed  if you read the forum you will see the mods are very successful in solving problems - and quicker than writing

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nrosten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 89

Go to solution

NP mb7. When I have any result my end will let you know. and again to the 'community helpers' I am not seeking help from anyone. If you get nowhere you can email the BT CEO .not hard to find his email address... 🙂

0 Ratings
MB7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 89

Go to solution

Distinguished Sage - thanks, but I'm a bit fed up with these 'diagnostics'.  I've responded to so many speed test requests from people employed by BT over the last 48 hours, yet my fulfilment of each request has yielded no discernable benefit - nor indeed brought me any closer than I was before to seeing the problem resolved. From what I've learned today this is, as I stated earlier, a fault originating at the supply end.

0 Ratings
nrosten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 89

Go to solution

@gg30340wrote:

I am not worried. You may be a residential user but if your line is a business one this forum can not help you should you require any in the future. 

I know but at what point did i ask for help? far to many guru's being obstructive and not actually trying to help the poor person who posted the original question. ill leave it at that and update when i get a response from 2nd line openreach on the 'area wide' issue. Posting diags from the router is unlikely to help in this instance as a line fault would more often affect the downstream speed also.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 89

Go to solution

I fail to see how "far to many guru's being obstructive and not actually trying to help the poor person who posted the original question"   given that the OP was asked to post information in message 2 that would be used to help diagnose his problem and if the forum users could not help him he would be referred to the moderators who are BT staff and would no doubt be able to help.

I also fail to see how your post "helped".  All you have done is state that you have a similar problem, very helpful. I do note however that you have diagnosed and know what the fault is with the OP's line. As far as I know a line fault does not necessarily affect both up and down speeds but I apparently you know better so I stand corrected.

I did not say you asked for help. I was pointing out that should you require any help you would not be able to be given any from this forum and which forum you should post on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 89

Go to solution

@nrosten I have never offered you help as you are a business user who posted after ai offered assistance to @MB7 the originator of this thread

I agree with @gg30340 not sure how you are able to diagnose the problem without any information apart from problem seems similar to yours although you may live on other side of town

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
nrosten
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 89

Go to solution

GG you clearly misread posts. I did not diagnose the fault but did state normally a line fault would normally affect both ups and down speeds or drop sync or just not work full stop. I have dealt with 100's of openreach engineers over the years and in most cases any sort of fault or noise on the line often causes the whole service to crawl or play up reliability wise. It is rare for a service to be flat out on the download and utterly useless on the up considering the OP comment of sustained speed before the issue. Granted nothing is beyond the realms of possiblity such as faulty HH or kit in either the cabinet or exchange. We may never agree but see no point in getting into a rant match as I have no idea on your technical knowledge and you have none of mine. ill let the OP know of any engineer response. I am aware of several bodies in the exact same area from residential to business who are all being affected by the exact same issue so it is very likely to a provider or higher level fault.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 89

Go to solution

It is not me getting into a rant. I was responding to your unwarranted comment "far to many guru's being obstructive and not actually trying to help the poor person who posted the original question"  and that you have diagnosed a line fault without any information regarding the OPs stats when you stated "Posting diags from the router is unlikely to help in this instance as a line fault would more often affect the downstream speed also"

I suppose it is possible that dealing with 100's of Openreach engineers over the years will make you an expert so I will bow out now.

0 Ratings