cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 89

Re: Massive loss of broadband upload speed.

Go to solution

@MB7 and @DinkyDoughnut I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your upload speed, we'll be happy to look into this further if you send in your details.

I can't see any known problems listed on the Bury St Edmunds exchange area and there are no congestion problems reported either. 

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to get to the bottom of this. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
MB7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 89

Go to solution

Thanks for the offer. Just now followed the link and sent the email. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 89

Go to solution

As was pointed out in previous messages, had you posted the information that was requested in message 2 it would probably have resulted in the moderators becoming involved then rather than 3 days later.

MB7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 89

Go to solution

gg30340 - had you actually made the effort to read the previous posts on this thread you will have seen that the only time a moderator here responded to my problem was when he advised me to run  a speed test - an action that I had already performed several times to no useful purpose at the behest of BT employees prior to posting here. 

Neil's offer was - finally - of a far more useful order. Read what he wrote.

Is it a requirement of this site that a majority of the moderators who have qualified for the rather comical soubriquet "distinguished sage" must at all times demonstrate an unpleasant surliness to BT's paying customers?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 89

Go to solution

I fail to understand the reluctance to perform a very simple test that would have taken only one minute of your time to perform. The test and posting here of the result would have given the mods the evidence they require to pursue the problem and would have resulted in the offer being made much sooner.  It may surprise you to learn that the contributors here are trying to help but it becomes very difficult when simple requests are met with refusal.

PS Any 'Distinguished Sage' that has responded are just customers like yourself, not BT employed moderators.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 46 of 89

Go to solution

This is primarily a customer to customer support forum. The only BT employees here are the Moderators who do not necessarily read every single thread.

Had you posted the infomation requested in post 2 then one of us could've flagged it for a moderator to pick up saving you time and frustration.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 89

Go to solution

I am not and never have been a BT employee. Like all the other forum members I am a BT customer just like you. 

If you read message 2 you will see that it was not a moderator who asked you to post the stats from your hub and  asking you to post a speed test. Had you done that when requested this would have possibly/probably have shown whether there was a problem that could have been dealt with by forum members or whether it was a problem that would have required moderator intervention. However due to your not wishing to do that this has resulted in you waiting longer for moderator intervention.

For your information,  "comical soubriquet "distinguished sage"  is a title that is added by the forum and has nothing to do with the recipient, just as you are classed as a "newbie".

You should also be aware that the only moderators are BT employees and their title clearly show that they are moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 89

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

Please keep it friendly and on topic.

Cheers

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
DinkyDoughnut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 89

Go to solution
Thanks NeilO, I have sent you the relevant information
0 Ratings
MB7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 89

Go to solution

In which case I do apologise to all moderators on this site. I feel simply awful for having associated you with the coterie of resident gurus who populate these threads. Nobody needs that.  Lesson learned, smack to self on wrist duly administered.

0 Ratings