cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlacey
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Massive new connection complaint

I post below my complaint to BT. The service received so far as a new customer is nothing short of disgraceful. Welcome to BT I guess forum members will say, but honestly it is incredible this day and age, the company that wholesale broadband to 'others' cannot prioritise things. I have been left in limbo with customer service unable to contact 'offline' teams who 'need to' remove multiple promotions from my account before they can re-order broadband. We are not even at this stage yet, and who knows what date miles into the future I will be given to have broadband activated on my account. This is unreal. Never have I had this situation ever before with changing providers.

My complaint:

On the 16th December 2017 I ordered the full BT package for TV, Broadband and Phone. It was due for activation on 8 January. This was moved by you to another date (12 January). On 12 January nothing happened despite texts. On 13 January, the BT Phone line became active and my broadband de-activated. I received a text advising me that 'we are continuing to get your services activated.' I called customer services only to be told that is was an internal error with multiple promotions added to account. It needed someone in an 'off-line' team to remove them before it could be added on. The offline team was not able to be contacted by customer services. This is unbelievable. I have moved provider before from PlusNet to TalkTalk Business with zero interruption in service. I now have zero broadband with not even a time or date for resolution. The customer service advisor could only discuss that she has put this through as a complaint and that I may be able to be sent a mifi device but this is not want I want. I have cameras attached to my house that are now completely off-line, an Autistic child who is going crazy with no braodband, a heating system and hot water system offline and a very very unhappy wife who needs to submit work to University and can't do her research easily any more. Would someone please deal with my problem as a matter of urgency. I wish I had never moved. It has been the longest wait in history anyway from the 16th December and as your policy is to only allow cancellations up to 14 days from the order I am in a position where you have signed, sealed and delivered my fate with me seemingly unable to cancel either. In addition, I presume I am paying for a service that I can't use. I have had the BT TV box for weeks but unable to use it for subscription channels until the broadband is activated. For Business broadband like I had with talk talk, they deal with any problem in one day. I work from home, but could not have the TV service on a business account hence why I changed. Now I can't even work from home now and I will have to go to the library or somewhere to do my work on unsecured wifi. Thank you so much! Please, please resolve this urgently and activate my broadband preferably TODAY! 13 January 2018!!!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Massive new connection complaint

Business accounts like you previously had get preferential treatment over the residential account you now have even though you still intend to use it for business contrary to T&C

only people that can help are the forum mods who are BT employees  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
rlacey
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Business as in 'I work from home' so not my own business but rather a choice of not going in to office and using broadband over vpn. I do not have a business as such but business account is preferable it would seem....

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@rlacey I'm really sorry about the delay with your broadband activation, please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll chase this up for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
rlacey
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hi Neil, thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately I am unable to see any link to contact the moderators. I do not get this option for some reason and cannot see a 'my forum' link either. 

0 Ratings
rlacey
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

It's ok, I can get to it through your name link.....weird.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

you have to view as web page as will not work on mobile view

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi @rlacey,

Thank you for sending in your details. I'm sorry your order for BT Infinity has been delayed. I gave your mobile number a quick call I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

I've had a look at the details of your account and I can see that there is there are a number of different promotions showing against your account. This needs to be corrected before we can progress with the Infinity order.

I can see that there is an open case on your account and this is with the correct team. I can see that they are due to work on this tomorrow. Once that's been corrected they'll be able to progress with that order.

Please accept my apology for the delay as I do understand that being without a connection is extremely frustrating. 

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
rlacey
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Well the saga continues...received two emails today, both the same. Advised me that broadband now added and activation further moved to 22nd! Not only that but a homehub is on the way for 9.99. then tonight I log in and see that everything bar telephone and mobile has been removed from my account. It was a showing earlier. I can now not only not access broadband but my BT sport and TV has now been eradicated! It just gets better. To cap it all, a new home hub is being delivered that is unnecessary as I already have a new one from my previous messed up order. Please god someone help hi knows what they are doing. I need this sorted before the weekend. This situation is beyond a joke. 

0 Ratings