cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: Master Socket - Move options and Cost

Go to solution

do you have more than 1 extension socket in your home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

3 total

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

as there is only 1 pair of wires at extension connection in master then the other extensions must be daisy chained from each other.  are extensions in use or not?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Nothing in them, except router now in one

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

any other advice - seems that this has been a failed experiment if my speed has dropped as a result.  is this down to my internal wiring or do i need to do anything else ?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Normally to create the data extension you would move  the cable for the extension from terminals 2&5 and connect it to the 2 terminal on the back of the faceplate.  You would then need to use a filter in the data extension socket

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

thats what i have done, but as i say the speed dropped as a result 😞  i guess i should just revert it back, unless i go down the original route and have it properly moved.

thanks for the help, back to the garage it goes. 

Couple of parting questions:-

Should i still be getting a dial tone on extensions if ive hooked up the data extension to the back of the faceplate?  (plugged in a test phone)

Do i need to reconnect anything at master if im moving it back (dont use phone / only mobile)

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

An old video so you don't need all the tools but shows how to wire it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trk9OnZTIsE 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

@alan_mc wrote:

thats what i have done, but as i say the speed dropped as a result 😞  i guess i should just revert it back, unless i go down the original route and have it properly moved.

thanks for the help, back to the garage it goes. 

Before you do that, try disconnecting any wiring to further extensions not in use. I'm assuming that the extension you wish to use is directly connected to the master and not via one of the other extensions. I.e it is the first in the daisy chain after the master.

Couple of parting questions:-

Should i still be getting a dial tone on extensions if ive hooked up the data extension to the back of the faceplate?  (plugged in a test phone)

Yes

Do i need to reconnect anything at master if im moving it back (dont use phone / only mobile)

No

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Before you do that, try disconnecting any wiring to further extensions not in use. I'm assuming that the extension you wish to use is directly connected to the master and not via one of the other extensions. I.e it is the first in the daisy chain after the master.

I dont think it is tbh, but i could try disconnecting the others since i dont use anyway and i'll report back.

0 Ratings