cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sage
Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: Master Socket Position Unusable? Move/Extend?

A mod will look after this for you and make sure its free of charge.

One should be along shortly.

Message 12 of 26

Hi @JamesCO welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see that you're not happy with the location of your newly connected master socket. 

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we will raise a poor workmanship complaint with Openreach regarding the location of your master socket. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
JamesCO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 26

@Starwire2000wrote:
Moving Providers won’t help as all they’ll do is a Working Line Takeover, which is all done remotely without the need for a visit.

Is it BT Complaints who are saying they’ll only shift it for the £130 charge?

BT need to be raising a Complaint themselves with Openreach.

Hi @Starwire2000, yes, BT Complaints called directly a few days after I contacted them and told me it would be £130 to move the M/S. No alternative offered, but they did advise that I could "DIY extend it as it's not a difficult job". Hopefully they pass it on to Openreach!

@pippincpwrote:

A mod will look after this for you and make sure its free of charge.

One should be along shortly.

That's fantastic, thanks @pippincp, much appreciated!

@NeilOwrote:

Hi @JamesCO welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see that you're not happy with the location of your newly connected master socket. 

Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we will raise a poor workmanship complaint with Openreach regarding the location of your master socket. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Hi @NeilO, thanks for the welcome and reply, I'll get the message sent along with my details now.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 14 of 26

Hi @JamesCO sorry I missed you when I called there. I've sent you an email with more information, but as an update for the thread, I have raised a complaint directly with Openreach about the way this installation was completed.

I have re-opened your complaint and I'll be dealing with it until it's sorted. 

Thanks

Community ModeratorStephanie
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 15 of 26

Hi @JamesCO sorry I keep missing you when I call!

The complaints team in Openreach advised that they've contacted the local manager for your area, and they expect to have an update for us by the start of next week. I'll check back in with you then.

Thanks

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
JamesCO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Hi @StephanieG, my fault entirely, I keep my phone on silent for most of the day as I'm in and out of meetings.

That's great news, thank you for pushing for an update on this and getting in contact with Openreach. I'll let you know if/when I hear from them!

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 17 of 26

@JamesCO good speaking with you there, and thanks for confirming that the local manager got in touch and has agreed to move to socket. This should be done by the end of the week all being well, so I'll catch up with you again at the start of next week.

Thanks

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 18 of 26

Hi @JamesCO sorry I missed you there. I was just checking in to see if the work was completed last week - let us know 🙂

Thanks

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
JamesCO
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Hi @StephanieG, sorry for missing your call earlier. 

Unfortunately, no work has been carried out yet and I haven't heard from the local manager or anyone else at MJ Quinn since last Monday (07/01/19). 

Should I chase them in regards to moving the M/S or is it best to go back to Openreach? Slightly hoping Openreach will just take it into their own hands and get it done at this point rather than continuing to sub-contract the job!

Thanks again for your ongoing help with all of this, much appreciated Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 20 of 26

Sorry you weren't contacted back, that's disappointing to hear. I'll chase this up today on my end, thanks for letting me know.

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings