Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 45

Master Socket Replace

Go to solution

Hi I have ordered for BT Infinity to be installed and it will be installed next friday, so I came here to ask for about any sneaky charges BT will give me so Ill just give you some information on here.

So I am currently on ADSL and I have speeds of up to 16mb which is really good! Now my phone master soket is the one with the BT piper (man with the trumpet) well actually I have 2 master sockets, one is the really old one (BT's first logo the 'T') and the piper but the ADSL is currently connected to the piper man.... so when the enginerr comes in will he change the master socket and will I be charged for it? and are there any other hidden charges I might run into (please could you list them?) 

Thanks!

0 Ratings
44 REPLIES 44
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 45

Re: Master Socket Replace

Go to solution

The master socket will be changed. It is part of the installation and there will be no extra charge.

Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 45

Go to solution

Oh Ok, thanks for the info.. are there any other hidden charges BT may give me? during installation? I already have 2 power sockets available as well as a master socket next to it...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 45

Go to solution
Sounds like a straight forward install so should be no additional charges.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 45

Go to solution

They might not change the socket, but they will fit a filter faceplate on top. You should make sure they check that the socket you want it on is actually your master socket and not an extension of the other, as this could cause problems if it is an extension and its missed by the engineer.

Whatever happens though, there wont be any extra charges.

Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 45

Go to solution

{DELETED}

0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 45

Go to solution

The other one (one with the 'T' logo) is not being used at all. It was installed around in thr 1980's so it's pretty old. We are currently using the piper man.. and I would like to keep the master socket in that location because I have my wii ethernet connected to it and its the exact same lenth so if I have move the hub I have to get a longer cable....

EDIT: Is it possible to move the master socket just a little bit so its not behind the sofa.. can I do this with no charge whatsover? I only want to move it about 10cm abit more to the left...... is there a charge?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 45

Go to solution

A word with thwe engineer, tea and buscuits, should solve the problem.

Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 45

Go to solution

Unfortunetly, I will not be here during the installation only my wife will.. so I kinda need to know in advance.. will there be a charge if I want to move the master socket by 10 cm left.?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 45

Go to solution
No, there should be no charge.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂