cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Master socket extension into another room

Go to solution

I have a Master Socket 5C in my lounge. I'm on gfast 160.

Can I extend the master socket into another room (office) running a RJ11 cable and wiring the front of the Master Socket 5C to another one in the office, and thus, connect the router in the office, rather than the living room.

I want a wired connection in the office, rather than using powerline sockets or WiFi.

I've found this - https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/helpandsupport/how-toguides/howtoguides/downloads/NTE5C_Instru...- but I was told the router needs to work off the master socket.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Master socket extension into another room

Go to solution

Just wire from the data extension terminals as shown in the last picture on the document you posted. If you want telephony as well as data, fit an extension phone socket and use a plug in filter at the office or if just data, fit an RJ11 socket.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks licquorice. Can I assume the top half of that document is ADSL then? And don't need to worry about that.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

yes   you are only interested in last page and last picture -data extension

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for confirming imjolly and licquorice.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

The first set of pictures are for when you don't have a MK4 filtered faceplate fitted.

0 Ratings