Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moggies11
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Master socket/test socket speed difference query

Go to solution

Hi, is it ok to plug into the test socket full time? Been checking broadband speeds and it's much quicker in the test socket than when plugged into the face of the master socket (26 Mbps v 😎 I assume there must be something wrong with the wiring in the master socket to cause this huge difference. 

Thanks!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Master socket/test socket speed difference query

Go to solution

you can use the test socket if you want for as long as you want

obviously you have a problem either with the front plate or your extension wiring  first check would be when connected to test socket check there is no dial tone at any extension socket whether normally used or not  star wiring is often the cause of your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Unplugging the front plate "should" disconnect all the extension sockets around the house.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Moggies11
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks both. Don’t need other extensions so that’s not a problem. Everything is working fine so we’ll leave it as it is meantime. As it’s hidden behind the telly the loose plate isn’t an issue! 🙂 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Great thumbs up smiley.gif

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.