cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Max Observed Downstream Speed

Hi. 

My broadband speed( infinity 2) has been steadily slowing down. Going from 61 mb/s a month ago to 39.9 mb/s and I have been stuck at that speed since then. My current speed matches the Max Observed Downstream Speed from the broadband checker site. Microfilter is new and quiet line is clean. Router software is up to date and functioning well. I would expect the speed to improve and get back to early sixties mb/s. Why is this not happening?   Thank you. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Max Observed Downstream Speed

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Is the hub dropping connection ?  Often?

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi. The hub never drops connection. 

Please see below screenshots. 

Thank you. 

Screenshot_20210321-195618~2.png

Screenshot_20210321-201139.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Has your download speed definitely been steadily dropping or did it drop to 40M suddenly at once?

Are you sure your line isn't dropping, that looks like you are using a TP Link device, the uptime shown by the router is not DSL uptime, it is device uptime.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It has been steadily slowing down, not a huge drop.i had a power cut 4 weeks ago and I rebooted the router last week .

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps your connection 

I have the same thoughts as @licquorice  that your  connection has been dropping and as the tplink does not appear show internet connection time just system uptime you cannot see drop unless happens when in use

The high noise margin and the apparent fixed 40mb speed suggests banded profile by the DLM

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings