cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Max speed on fibre 2 query - line changed

Hi all. To start with, here's the results from dsl checker

Screenshot_20210730-105620_WhatsApp.jpg

 ive been on fibre 2 for a while now, getting around 59-60. I've also noticed my minimum speed guarantee has dropped to 45 on broadband checkers. Anyway, finally called up and open reach came yesterday. Checked my house and ran their tests and the guy called his colleague. They then said they'd replace the wire from the street to the cab as its degraded. 

I now get 69mb! That's a win. Here's my current line stats from the router

Screenshot_20210730-105940_Samsung Internet.jpg

 the question I have now is, based on the dsl results, and the fact that they've probably done a dlm reset, are my speeds likely to improve and get nearer 80? I assume there's wiggle room with the noise margin to drop from 6.4. I used to have something like 1.x and it was stable. Or is that max figure the best I'll get? 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Max speed on fibre 2 query - line changed

Which exchange and cab number was reported by the checker?

Message 3 of 13

Streatham - cabinet 28

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

just maintain a stable connection and teh DLM should activate G.INP which will give a speed boost and rop noise margin to about 3db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 13

Thanks. Do you know how much of a speed bump dropping from 6 to 3 will achieve? Also is it possible to drop less than 3..like I said, I've seen it much lower previously with no drops in connection
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

you just need to wait and see but I don't expect noise margin to drop below 3db

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Thought I'd update this after couple of weeks...Looks to have improved considerably! Happy days

BTHomeHubStats.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

As you were informed G.INP has kicked in and done the job for you.

Thanks for getting back and letting us know.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Being pedantic, it is the 3dB margin that has kicked in that has had the greatest effect rather than G.Inp

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@licquorice  Being even more pedantic without G.Inp being activated the 3dB margin would not have happened. It would have remained a the 6dB target.😎

0 Ratings