cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Max speed vs sync speed, 9db vs 6db vs 3db SNR, etc.

So I have a new router, ASUS DSL-AC88U (Broadcom chipset), which has G.INP support (which the HH5A does not) and IPv6 support (which the HH5A does not, it seems, although IPv6 seems to be broken on the BT side - separate post about that here).

Since installing it I have noticed that the MAX down rate is significantly higher than the old HH5A was reporting, and the SNR has jumped from around 5dB on the HH5A to 9dB on this device. It also shows that interleaving etc. is enabled on the line.

The device has been in place for about 3 weeks and has been very stable so I was hoping the DLM would "notice" the improved SNR and max rate thanks to G.INP and gradually increase the sync speed nearer to the max. Here are the stats

Downstream:

TCM(Trellis Coded Modulation)ON
SNR9.8 dB
Line Attenuation21.4 dB
Path ModeFast
Interleave Depth16
Data Rate39999 kbps
MAX Rate51144 kbps
POWER13.5 dbm
CRC2
HEC0
ES1
FEC124994
INP48.00 symbols

DSL modulationANNEX ModeCurrent Profile

ITU G.993.2(VDSL2), G.998.4(G.INP)
ANNEX B
17a

And the up

TCM(Trellis Coded Modulation)ON
SNR6.1 dB
Line Attenuation0 dB
Path ModeFast
Interleave Depth1
Data Rate7115 kbps
MAX Rate7115 kbps
POWER4.0 dbm
CRC1507
HEC0
ES1335
FEC5020
INP0 symbols

Can I expect the DLM to aim for a 3dB SNR target and gradually raise my sync speed?

I am about 200m from the cabinet and the audio quality on the line is crystal clear. BT NTE is fitted, with inbuilt filter and iPlate.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Max speed vs sync speed, 9db vs 6db vs 3db SNR, etc.

Possibly...

You seem to be on a banded profile of 40meg at the moment.

Just leave it alone for a few weeks and see what happens!
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings