cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zivko
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Maximum Infinity 2 speed available of 1.6Mbps at all times.

I would be most grateful if any kind soul could direct me to a solution to an issue that has become decreasingly worse.

After 3 or 4 years of a constant 45Mbps download speed, my speeds have deteriorated from January this year - 45 to 25 to13 and now to 1Mbps. I am contracted to BT Infinity 2 and naturally am expecting better line performance.

I'm hoping that the following information will be sufficient for a knowledgeable individual to assist.

Any help will be much appreciated and thanks to those reading for your time and effort.

bt1.JPG

bt2.JPG

bt3.JPG

bt4.JPG

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Maximum Infinity 2 speed available of 1.6Mbps at all times.

Your IP profile, which is based on the sync speed, is only showing 1.6Mbps so it would seem to suggest the modem is sync'd at a very low speed.

What modem are you using in front of the HH5? Can you get the stats from the modem and post them here?

Regards

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Are you connected to the master socket or an extension?

With the speed estimates for your line you'd be better off on Infinity 1.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Zivko
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

The modem was supplied by BT and is a Hauwei Echolife HG612. I am not sufficiently clued up to obtain the modem stats but would be happy to research the method if you think it would help. Appreciate your quick response very much, smf22 - many thanks.

0 Ratings
Zivko
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for your attention, Webby - much obliged!

I'm connected to the master socket on a dedicated broadband line... no phones in sight.

An additional piece of info which may or may not be relevant is that Bt Openreach were working on a new house last week and this last speed drop occurred a day or 2 later.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Unless the Huawei modem is 'unlocked' then you can't get any stats from it. Unlocking it is not difficult, but if you're not comfortable with that there is another option.

The Home Hub 5 is a VDSL capable Hub, so you could remove the cable from the DSL port on the Huawei modem and plug it directly into the grey coloured DSL port on the HH5.

This would at least allow visibility of what's going on.

Regards

Zivko
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thats useful info, smf ... I'll have an attempt shortly and hopefully get some stats. Thanks again!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Remove the faceplate and connect to the test socket.

If the speed doesn't improve then you need an engineer visit.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Zivko
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Cheers Webby, I will likewise follow your advice and report conclusions. Appreciate your time very much.

0 Ratings