Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpatel
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Maximum data rate has fallen

Go to solution

Since I had BT Infinity 2 installed my maximum date rate has always been 80mbps and I get max connection speed of 72mbps. Over last 2 weeks I noticed my maximum data rate has fallen to only 72mb and only get 65mbps of connection speed and my router rebooted itself yesterday and only gets that speed now. 

Can you tell me why this has happened recently that the max date rate has fallen dramtically even when the dslchecker website still says max data rate of 80.

Dsl checker shows only 4 days ago on the 14th that I got max of 79.24

dsl.JPG

advanced.JPG

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Maximum data rate has fallen

Go to solution

Could be for a number of reasons. Crosstalk due to new take up of service on the cabinet or possibly a line fault causing DLM to take action. Your noise margin is 6dB where I would expect it to be 3dB (which would give you a higher speed) as you are connected to an Huawei cabinet. Your router uptime is only 14 hours, is that due to a manual reset or a line problem? Is there any noise on your line when you carry out a quiet line test on 17070 from the test socket behind the removable faceplate of the master socket? Best to do that with a corded phone.

0 Ratings
tpatel
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

I had an engineer come when I first had infinity installed as I was having drop outs with my standard broadband and noisy line in October 2018 and since that never had a drop out. I accidently turned of the power switch.

I did a quiet line test with corded phone and there is no noise on the line. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hopefully if all stays well with your line, DLM will reinstate the 3dB margin and increase your speed.

0 Ratings
tpatel
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Would you know why it had dropped suddently from 79 to 72 as I am outside the minimum speed which is 74 also how long would it take for dlm to drop to 3db?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Your handback threshold is  67M so you are syncing above that.

As I said previously, the drop could be due to any number of reasons, broadband is not an exact science I'm afraid. As for DLM, it depends if whatever caused the drop was a one off event that has cleared or if there is still an underlying error rate.

0 Ratings