cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

Maximum wait time for DLM to make a change?

Hi I just have to ask, I've waited over 100 days for a change but there's been nothing. My connection has been completely stable for 104 days.

Firmware Version:0.6.0 1.8 v0021.0 Build 140925 Rel.32089n

Hardware Version:TD-W9980 v1 00000000

System Up Time:103 day(s) 23:43:17

DSL

Line Status:Connected

DSL Modulation Type:VDSL2

Annex Type:Annex A/B/L/M

Upstream DownstreamCurrent Rate (Kbps)Max Rate (Kbps)SNR Margin (dB)Line Attenuation (dB)Errors(Pkts)
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Maximum wait time for DLM to make a change?

Hi Sinuous,

Your line is very stable so there is no problem with your line as such especially as you have a good noise margin (just above the target of 6 dB which is fine).

The only thing that is not quite right is that your data rate's are slightly below what your line can achieve in optimal line conditions.

Please post result from the BT Broadband Availability Checker and remember to delete out your phone number: http://dslchecker.bt.com

0 Ratings
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

Er... ok? I'm a little confused, that doesn't answer my question but ok? : / I just know my line can hit 50Mbps and it's at 42 so I'm wondering why there has been no change for over 100 days?

Untitled.png

Message 4 of 18

It does answer your question. I'm afraid your line rates are within your FTTC Range A (Clean) result so there is nothing more we can do I'm afraid as you are getting the speeds that your line can handle.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 18

I don't think there is a max time for DLM to make changes.  it may be even with a stable connection like yours there are still line errors not enough to cause a reset but enough for noise margin not to change

as you have a very stable connection and as you have posted the stats to show it you could try 1 reset and see if that is enough to drop your noise margin and increase your speed nearer attainable   however as with any reset you may get a slightly lower connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

Oof yeah that could be it @imjolly I'm a little afraid to reset it because I know DLM will be like "Oh dear. You shouldn't have done that. Time to decrease your speeds." it does answer my question though, however I haven't actually experienced any problems whatsoever with my connection in this past 104 days, so I dont understand where these mysterious errors could be coming from. Hopefully, INTERLEAVING will at least 'interleave' my line. Seriously ever since we had that new boiler installed and had to keep switching off our electric I've had huge problems with DLM.

0 Ratings
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

Oo and don't get me wrong I love how my connection is so stable but I was just wondering why it's not going up to 50 hehe that's all.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

as you are well within your estimated speed BT won't send an openreach engineer.

many people would love a stable conenction like yours  If you are not going to get any faster then you could consider dropping to infinity 1 and still get 40mb connection but save money

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

Yeah man I was thinking about doing that after our contract ends and also, I am most certainly grateful to (finally) have a stable internet connection.

0 Ratings
DevilsAdvocate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

If you want to try a reset then leave the router off for at least 30 minutes and there won't be any risk of DLM taking a dim view of a reset. DLM will see it as a deliberate action or power failure and not a line fault.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Microsoft MVP since 2004
0 Ratings