cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 18

Re: Maximum wait time for DLM to make a change?

@Sinuous wrote:

Hi I just have to ask, I've waited over 100 days for a change but there's been nothing. My connection has been completely stable for 104 days.

Firmware Version:0.6.0 1.8 v0021.0 Build 140925 Rel.32089n

Hardware Version:TD-W9980 v1 00000000

System Up Time:103 day(s) 23:43:17

Are you judging your stable connection by the System Uptime or the router logs? Just that the system uptime on the 9980 is purely the powered up time not line uptime in case you weren't aware.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 18

@licquorice

that could be reason that DLM has not reduced noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 18

Those days ago I had manually switched it off due to a small glitch with the router. That is when the counter started.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 18

The point is that when you switched off/on the modem/router the system rebooted and has been up for 104 days since. However it may have been dropping the broadband connection and re-connecting lots of times during that period.
Is there a connection time listed, or a log that shows entries with time/date for the last connection?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 18

@Sinuous  You need to go to System Tools > System Log to check for DSL events to verify broadband connectivity.

0 Ratings
Sinuous
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 18

Umpire, the LED lights on my TP-Link are a bit strange. The internet LED light is always shown as off except for a few days affter a reconnection, then it switches itself off. But the internet connection works fine. If I had experienced a disconnection, I would see that light on again.

liquorice I checked the logs, there have been no errors or warnings whatosever.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 17 of 18

@Sinuous wrote:

Umpire, the LED lights on my TP-Link are a bit strange. The internet LED light is always shown as off except for a few days affter a reconnection, then it switches itself off. But the internet connection works fine. If I had experienced a disconnection, I would see that light on again.

That could be an equipment problem, have you an HH5 to compare stats?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

@Sinuous wrote:

That is definitely wrong, the internet light should be on. I notice you are using old firmware, it might be worth updating to the latest 150507 obtainable here. http://uk.tp-link.com/download/TD-W9980.html#Firmware

0 Ratings