cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blinky2134
Contributor
Message 11 of 25

Re: Mis-sold BT Infinity - dont think I will ever be able to get my guaranteed minimum!

Excellent, thanks Keith. Will that show if my modem is somehow being throttles to a lower speed and that the line conditions do allow for a greater speed? Still just wondering if I'm setup to use the Sky fibre speed and not the BT speed of 52 Mbps
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 25

Re: Mis-sold BT Infinity - dont think I will ever be able to get my guaranteed minimum!

The home hub will show the actual data rate, and the maximum data rate (just a guide), and the upstream and downstream noise margins.

It will become clearer once you have the informatiion, there are lots of people here who can advise you.

0 Ratings
Blinky2134
Contributor
Message 13 of 25

Cheers, will post tonight

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 25

@Blinky2134 wrote:
I also tried plugging it into the master socket int he hallway to remove the internal wiring but it made no difference. I really dont want to wait 10 days before then arranging to get an engineer visit to them be told there is nothing that can be done!

Are you using an extension socket st present?  If so you really need to connect to the test socket which is normally behind the bottom half of the master  that should be your best connection and where any engineer will use

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Blinky2134
Contributor
Message 15 of 25

Good point! I can do that tonight as well
0 Ratings
Blinky2134
Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ74258226

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

30-Jan-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 18 Hours 2 Minutes 39 Seconds

Data rate:

5.56 Mbps / 27.33 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

5633 / 27832

Noise margin:

6.2 dB / 6.3 dB

Line attenuation:

26.2 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

218 MB Uploaded / 2395 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-MPTS

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 1)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-MPTS

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

A0:39:EE:4A:65:29

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 25

as uptime is 18hrs I assume these stats are from the extension socket and not the test socket  you need to conenct to test socket with filter and repost stats  at same time check that all your extension sockets whether in use or not do not have a dial tone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Blinky2134
Contributor
Message 18 of 25

Here it is on the master/test socket and I confirmed the other extensions are now offline

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ74258226

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B522

Firmware updated:

30-Jan-2018

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 2 Minutes 29 Seconds

Data rate:

9.99 Mbps / 30.45 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

11012 / 31076

Noise margin:

6.4 dB / 6.2 dB

Line attenuation:

22.1 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

0 MB Uploaded / 1 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-MPTS

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 11)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-MPTS

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

A0:39:EE:4A:65:29

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 25

as that is from the test socket test socket.jpg thne can see you getting any faster and need engineer visit but you will need to wait the 10 days before openreach will send engineer

this is a help page form @Keith_Beddoe

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/customer/complaints.html

0 Ratings
Blinky2134
Contributor
Message 20 of 25

That was exactly what I thought!  Its so annoying that you need to wait 10 days as it will no doubt be a few days after that before they can actually attend!  Do all the results look ok though?

0 Ratings