cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Missed installation appointment - unable to get any answers or updates

Hello all.

I placed an order for a landline and Fibre 1 broadband on the 7th July. The installation date provided was 23rd July, between 0800-1300. 

Having waited in all morning, no one arrived. I called BT for an update. After over 90 minutes of being on hold, and 3 disconnected calls, I was told the installation was cancelled by Openreach as it wasn't a fibre install. Except of course, that it was.

I was promised a call today (Monday 27th July), but so far no one has contacted me. I tried calling the help line, but I was cut off after 10 mins the first time, and 38 minutes the second time.

There's no live chat option, or email address I can use to contact anyone.

Does anyone have some advice on how I can proceed? I can't stay on hold all day, but I don't see any other options.

With thanks,

Paul

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Missed installation appointment - unable to get any answers or updates

is this a new phone line?

are you getting FTTP or FTTC?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Yes, it's a new phone line.

FTTP. I'm in a building that was converted to flats. I'm on the second floor. The main Openreach distribution panel is in a service cupboard on the ground floor.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Call the dedicated BT FTTP line, 08005874787, they tend to answer straight away. 

BT Full Fibre 900
Message 5 of 5

FTTP and a multi dwelling unit (MDU) with a ‘distribution panel’ on the ground floor from OR ?, do OR pre cable these type of installations, how would an interconnect work ?
AFAIK, some niche FTTP suppliers that target MDU, in effect provide a fibre to the utility area of the building then run an Ethernet cable to each individual dwelling , this isn’t the usual way OR deliver domestic FTTP, and if the developer of the building provided some sort of optical patch panel from the utility area to each flat , would OR use it, by doing so , taking on liability for its upkeep ?
Are you sure it’s FTTP you are getting ?

What you describe is common enough  with traditional copper pair service because the demarcation point is in the utility area and should a fault occur the ‘line’ can be split for testing purposes ( to prove where the problem is, internal within the building or external and OR’s responsibility,)  not something that can be done with a ‘fibre’ that is continuous to the ONT , 

0 Ratings