Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanMax89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Mod Help Needed: changing NGA profile

Hi there,

As in this post (https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Mod-help-needed-changing-NGA-profile/td-p/1843994) I would like to check which FTTC NGA profile I am on.

I suspect that I am not on the standard profile as DLM appears to be extremely aggressive and enabling interleaving on my line despite an apparently consistently stable connection. I would very much appreciate some mod assistance in checking and, if necessary, remediating this issue as the added latency introduced by DLM is very annoying.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
DanMax89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Mod Help Needed: changing NGA profile

Any help with this? I'd really rather not play call centre roulette and simply deal directly with a mod if at all possible.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi @DanMax89,

To give us an idea of how your connection is performing, please can you post your router stats as shown - Top Tips to get help on the forum

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
DanMax89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hi Paddy,

Thanks for the response. Connection speeds are fine (currently syncing around 71/20), the issue is with interleaving being enabled on the line by DLM increasing latency which will not show in the HH5 stats.

Can we please take same steps that were taken in the post linked in my original post please to check which NGA profile is active and if necessary change it to standard.

0 Ratings
DanMax89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

OK so thinking there may be an issue with the line now. As can be seen below the noise margin is extremely low at 0.8 despite being at 5.8 this morning and the max rate has dropped well below the current sync rate. The last resync 8 days ago synced very slightly higher than it was previously, so could this be indicative of the line struggling at the new rate? This is extremely frustrating as I was syncing at near max infinity 2 speeds until around 4 months ago despite never getting rid of interleaving.

I have performed quiet line test and cannot hear any noise on the line.

1. Product Name: HomeHub5

2. Serial number: +076286+1549002260

3. Firmware version: v0.07.05.0A13-BT (Type B) Last updated 10/3/2016

4. Board version: 01

5. VDSL uptime: 7 days, 21:52:50

6. Data Rate: 20000 / 71585

7. Maximum Data Rate: 21752 / 66499

8. Noise Margin: 6.0 / 0.8

9. Line Attenuation: 14.4 / 15.6

10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0

Either way I would still like to get the NGA profile looked at as previously mentioned. Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DanMax89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

One final try here to get any help with this. As in this post (https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Mod-help-needed-changing-NGA-profile/td-p/1843994) I would like some help checking the NGA profile status.

It looks like the user in the linked post was able to get this information here so could someone help me out?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

wow that is an extremely low down noise margin and am really surprised that you have managed 7 days connection time without router dropping conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 11

Never seen one as low as that.

0 Ratings
DanMax89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

imjolly those stats are from a while ago, I've since had a fault fix and profile reset and noise margin is around 6.3. Even with DLM lifted it was only a day before interleaving kicked in again despite openreach engineer saying that the line looked to be "flawless". This is why I'd like to take a look at the stability profile as I do have BT TV.

Updated line stats for detail:

1. Product Name: HomeHub5
2. Serial number: +076286+1549002260
3. Firmware version: v0.07.05.0A13-BT (Type B) Last updated 10/3/2016
4. Board version: 01
5. VDSL uptime: 4 days, 09:05:08
6. Data Rate: 20000 / 67707
7. Maximum Data Rate: 25203 / 80779
8. Noise Margin: 9.6 / 6.3
9. Line Attenuation: 14.5 / 15.5
10. Signal Attenuation: 0.0 / 0.0
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

if you have already had a DLM reset which would start with latency at Fast and from what you say in a day or so the DLM had moved your latency to interleaved would suggest there are line errors.  Not enough to cause a disconenction but enough for DLM to move latency to interleaved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings