cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 47

Modem sync speed

My modem BTHub6 shows a sync speed of 35Mb/s.

My package is BT Infinity Up to 52Mb/s.

Speed test results are 31Mb/s (max) down and 9 Mb/s up

My question is:

Should my modem be syncing at a speed much closer to the 52 Mbs quoted given that my sync speed with my previous broadband supplier was 67Mbs, albeit on a different tariff?

0 Ratings
46 REPLIES 46
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 47

Re: Modem sync speed

the key phrase is 'up to 52mb' - some customers will get that others won't

post stats from your hh6 advanced settings then technical log information

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 47

9C25E712-C042-46D2-B655-002C02DA2094.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 47

BT.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 47

Your line is capable of 65M but has been banded by DLM at 35M due to instability. If you maintain a stable connection, DLM will return your speed to the maximum of your package 55M. Do not be tempted to keep resetting the hub as this will make things worse.

Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 47

How long will the 'return to maximum' take?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 47

Probably weeks rather than days.

0 Ratings
Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 47

I've just done the quiet line test and I can hear very faint rustling. Could this be the cause?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 47

if there is noise on quiet line test and you have also tried from test socket and still there then report a phone fault not broadband  to 151

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 47

Thanks to you both for your advice. I may post back here in a few weeks with an update of my speed but I’m not convinced that it will increase before my 18 month contract ends in October.  From reading other threads I get the feeling that ‘banding’ and DLM are synonyms for ‘throttling’. 

0 Ratings