cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 47

Re: Modem sync speed

They most certainly are not synonyms for deliberate throttling in the accepted sense of the word. DLM acts to give the user a stable line at the best possible speed. Banding is a severe action that DLM takes under very unstable line conditions and admittedly can sometimes be reluctant to release when the line conditions improve, although by no means always the case.

0 Ratings
Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 47

Checked my broadband contract and found the following text "The minimum guaranteed speed you can expect from your broadband will be 49Mbps". So I phoned the specified number and got through to Steve in Cardiff who carried out the necessary line checks and said " I'm now 100% sure that it's a fault with our network, so you'll need an engineer visit" and this was arranged for Friday.
0 Ratings
Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 47

Engineer visit - no show on Friday so rearranged for this morning but again no show so far (30mins left of time slot). Not impressed.  Found out that PlusNet now has the capability to reset the DLM remotely.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 47

@Rvwill48 I'm really sorry the engineers have not turned up, I'll send you a private message with details on how to contact the moderators if you'd like us to help with this.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 47

As far as I am aware plusnet cannot reset the DLM but they can submit request to openreach similar to engineer  to get DLM reset - assuming line is stable and problem causing banding has been solved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 47

Hi @Rvwill48,

Thank you for sending in your details. I gave you home number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

I've had a look at the details of your account. When testing your account it is pricking up a fault on the network. I can see that a fault has already been reported and an engineer has been booked to visit on the 6th of Feb. 

Please post back and let us know how that engineer visit goes and I'll run a few more checks on your connection.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 47

Hi PaddyB,

Guess what? No engineer visit for the 3rd time.  When I checked the fault tracking this morning the visit was cancelled yesterday with a note implying that the fault had been fixed.

Please can you do what you can to find out what's going on?

FaultTrack2.PNG

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 47

According to @PaddyB's post (above) the engineer visit is today.

0 Ratings
Rvwill48
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 47

Yes, that's correct, but the fault tracking in the MyBT app (previous pic) shows that the fault has been fixed and the engineer visit has been cancelled.  I have no idea now whether to expect an engineer visit or not although I suspect not.  PaddyB was goig to run some futher diagnostic tests on the line after the engineer's visit.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 47

Hi @Rvwill48,

I am so sorry to see that this has been cancelled. I have been speaking with our suppliers, BT Wholesale, to find out what happened. They've told me that it was a system issue and have apologised that it didn't go ahead. I explained that this has happened a few times now and I didn't want to take a chance of it repeating itself again. They've told me that they will do all they can to help me and will make a few changes at their end. If this does go ahead we should start to see an improvement anytime between Friday to Monday. @PaddyB is out of the office until next week so I'll look after this for you. I'm here tomorrow, Friday and Monday.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings