cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 32

Re: Months of uptime, now frequent disconnects

Check you line for noise preferrablly with a corded phone. 17070 option 2, the line should be silent between announcements. Any noise report a line fault on 151.

0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 12 of 32

Already done that, see earlier post.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 32

Sorry missed that. As stated earlier you'll need an engineer so time to call it in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
python
Contributor
Message 14 of 32

I have had a stable connection for over 14 months since renweing my contract but have  had 3 droputs in the last month.

Run the line noise test and that is quiet.

Just run the diagnostics test from within my online account and that says things are good.

--------------------
Jim
0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 15 of 32

Just tried to report a fault via the website, as I thought that it would enable me to add all of the facts in one go, rather than try and explain over the phone.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you can do this if you don't have a BT router.  What are my options, as I relally don't want to go through the standard question list, over the phone?

0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 16 of 32

I managed to borrow an HH5 hub, in order to see where the problem lay, and after around 2 hours, the line dropped again.  Called BT, and a very helpfull getleman ran several tests, and discovered that there was indeed a fault, and it was outside of my premises!  I just need to wait for 48-72 hours to see if they can find the fault ....... result!

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

Hi @evansnp

Great news good to hear the tests found something when you called in, please keep us updated of any progress here on the thread 🙂

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 18 of 32

Engineer arrived today, and found a fault in the cabinet ..... Yay!  However, my stats are saying that G.INP isn't enabled, and I have a ridiculous interlevae depth (1479).  Is this a result of the training period, or should I raise it as an issue?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 32

It sounds like it was a line fault you had and a line engineer was sent out to rectify. They cannot reset DLM only broadband engineers.

That said if your connection is now stable over the next few weeks DLM should see that and relent.

After DLM has relented than you should also see G.Inp being initiated again.

If broadband enginner then it will take up to 2 weeks for G.Inp to kick in after DLM reset.

0 Ratings
evansnp
Contributor
Message 20 of 32

Thanks for the info, and yes, it was a broadband engineer.

0 Ratings