cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Move telephone cable to another pole

Go to solution

Does anyone one know if OpenReach would move a telephone cable (and therefore my broadband) from one telegraph pole to another?

The reason I'm asking is that on my road the pole I'm connected to means my max broadband speed is 29mbs if I move to the pole further up the street I would get  max 64mbs. My next door neighbour get 64mbs and although we are fed by different poles the wire into the house is lass than 20cms apart. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Move telephone cable to another pole

Go to solution

openreach won't move your connection just so you can get a better broadband speed - this has been covered many times on the forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

It is not as easy as just moving a cable to another pole. You whole circuit would need to be re-routed to another cabinet.

See Openreach FAQ and in particular "There's another cabinet near me etc ...

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/questions-about-fibre-availability

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi gg30340,

Thanks for the info. Because I'm in a fairly rural location the street is supplied by the same box.

Maybe I should ask my neighbour to swap lines with me...(joke). As I say the two wires into both house run parallel (20cms) apart down the walls.....

So close yet so far...

Thanks again.

Dave

0 Ratings