Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
welshpilot
Beginner
Message 1 of 24

Moved Home - Extremely SLOW Fibre!

Good evening all,

I have recently moved home, (from a new build, to a property roughly built 1960's.). Booked the move of the internet to go live on the 18th December which it did however since the day of activation our speeds have dropped and dropped and you guessed it, dropped significantly!

Before moving I was getting an easy 51mb with no issues what so ever.  

We have the 'Superfast Fibre' package however we are getting between 3-4mb in the new place.  We are in an area of Fibre and the area is capable of Fibre broadband. What I have noticed is that the master socket is in the living room for some bizare reason and appears to be an old telephone socket, labelled 'Openreach'.  I have had to use an independant filter in this house however my previous set up had a built in filter within the telephone socket (installed by Openreach). 

Does anyone know why the speeds may be dropped or what I can do to get it increased?

_________

The Admin Panel shows a downstream of 55mbps and upstream of 12mbps.

0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 24

Re: Moved Home - Extremely SLOW Fibre!

Could you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

Also do a quiet line tesst on 17070 option 2 any noise report a line fault on 151.

Enter your phone number HERE and post the result after removing your phone number.

0 Ratings
welshpilot
Beginner
Message 3 of 24

Hi,

HH6 Info:

Product name: BT Hub 6A Serial number: EDITED Firmware version: SG4B1000B540 Firmware updated: 17-May-2018 Board version: 1.0 Gui version: 1.64.0 DSL uptime: 0 Days, 2 Hours 23 Minutes 30 Seconds Data rate: 10.00 Mbps / 55.00 Mbps Maximum data rate: 23587 / 112374 Noise margin: 14.2 dB / 22.6 dB Line attenuation: 14.1 dB Signal attenuation: VPI / VCI: 0/38 Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B Latency type: Fast Path Data sent / received: 978 MB Uploaded / 43799 MB Downloaded Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com BT Wi-fi: Active 2.4 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-S729 2.4 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 11) 5 GHz wireless network name: BTHub6-S729 5 GHz wireless channel: Smart (Channel 36) Wireless security: WPA2 (Recommended) Wireless mode: Mode 1 Firewall: On MAC address: 34:6B:46:3C:64:AF Software variant: - Boot loader: 9.2.0

I do not have a landline phone so I am unable to test. 

Telephone Number  on Exchange HAVERFORDWEST is served by Cabinet 13

Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 21.05.53.png 

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 4 of 24

@welshpilotwrote:

I do not have a landline phone so I am unable to test. 

You do as your broadband is delivered by it, you might not have a phone but they can be bought in a supermarket for under a fiver, a lot cheaper than an Openreach charge if the fault is internal.

Consider buying one next time you're out and about.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 24

Turn off smartt set up and split your wireless connections.

0 Ratings
welshpilot
Beginner
Message 6 of 24

Richie,

@-Richie-wrote:

You do as your broadband is delivered by it

Nowhere above have I stated I haven't got a landline. I am fully aware that a 'landline' carries phone and broadband services, I simply do not have a landline telephone.  I have no intention to purchase one so perhaps you can get off your high horse now.  All the best.

0 Ratings
welshpilot
Beginner
Message 7 of 24

Have tried this also to no avail.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 24

Not according to the information you've posted.

0 Ratings
welshpilot
Beginner
Message 9 of 24

I split the channels yesterday to 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz respectively, it had no improvement on downstream speeds.

I am currently having to tether from my iphone as the downstream speed has dropped to 0.23.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 24

Both wireless networks currently have the same SSID.  Append a 5 to the 5GHZ channel in the wireless settings page of  the hub. Make sure you save the change.

0 Ratings