cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wayneunique
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Moved Home - Now Speed is half of what it should be.

I do hope someone can help. 

I moved home four weeks ago, opted for the BT Home Move, I was moving over all my services from the old house so an engineer came out and installed BT Infiniity 2 and also BT TV (with the Ultra HD Box/Channel).

He test everything after he was finished and I was getting great speeds and my UHD BT Sports channel working fine but after a few days everything changed. My speeds now has dropped to over half, so I am now getting about 28mbps, which also means that the BT TV UHD doesn't work either.

Three times I've spoken to customers services only to be palmed off with their is nothing wrong with my services, where clearly there is.

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ43023491
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 04/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:1 days, 19:31:59
6. Data rate:12273 / 31688
7. Maximum data rate:12327 / 33522
8. Noise margin:6.1 / 5.6
9. Line attenuation:23.1 / 20.2
10. Signal attenuation:23.2 / 18.8
11. Data sent/received:443.3 MB / 14.9 GB

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)8062.72020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)76.551.92015.8--Available
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 14.5--12.5 to 16Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 14.5Up to 1.512.5 to 16Available
ADSL MaxUp to 8--7 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available

Any help would be greatly appriciated as BT support just fob me off.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moved Home - Now Speed is half of what it should be.

Have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps your connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wayneunique
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I've tried the test socket with a filter but still no joy.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Can you use test socket and repost your stats please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
wayneunique
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Terrible Service after Home Move

I've been a BT customers for the past five odd years and have generally had no problems in my old property until I organised a home move to a property I was moving in to.

Home move was booked and the engineer arrived on the said date, which was 17th October. I had moved by BT Infinity 2, phone and also BT TV (with the UHD) - for the first five days all was ok but ever since I've had nothing but problems.

My broadband speed had dropped to about 28meg, which I have contacted BT nearly every week about. On top of that, as my broadband speed was low I could no longer get the BT UHD channel, which again I contacted BT every week about. Also, my phoneline was extremely crackley and of poor quality, which finally BT sent an engineer out to check last Friday.

The engineer arrived on Friday, checked the line and said yes their is a fault, which is an old fault and should've been noticed and fixed when the engineer came and installed the service on the 17th October.

Every time I have phoned the non-UK BT support centre I've been informed that someone will contact me - while 3 weeks ago I was told an engineer would contact me but that never happened. Online the fault tracking has stated that the fault of a month ago was fixed but it never was.

My broadband speed has improved but still cannot get the UHD channel - I'm still not happy with the overall service and now looking to cancel my contract after being offered £20 and then £44 compensation - which is disgusting as I've been paying over £100 a month for services that either I haven't been getting or in a limited way.

BT India have said they will contact me again today but I'm not holding my breath. If in my job I was giving a service like I have received, I would be sacked by now.

All I require to do now is cancel my contract but now they say I have to pay off the remaining months, which is too expensive. I feel that BT have breached their contract as we as customers pay every month for them to provide a service of a standard expected - if they do not provide this within an amount of time, then we should be free to leave.

Rant over 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Re: Terrible Service after Home Move

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Re: Terrible Service after Home Move

@wayneunique 

I'm sorry that the issues with your BT service have not been sorted,  if you need any help getting this sorted please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings