cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moved home - openreach modem + smarthub

Go to solution

Hi,
I have recently moved home and had my fibre 2 deal transferred from my old flat to the new one.

The new flat has a Nokia openreach modem and the hub I have is the Smarthub, with a small grey broadband socket and four yellow ethernet sockets at the back.

Is there any way to make these two work together - got a text saying my services have been switched over, but as far as I can see I have no way to connect the hub. 

From what I have read it looks like I might need a different hub, but would appreciate any insight.
Thanks,
Dave.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moved home - openreach modem + smarthub

Go to solution

The hub needs to be one with a red WAN port and 3 LAN ports rather than 4 LAN ports.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks, I appreciate the help. Do you know which hub this should be, there seems to be different versions of the same one. Might be me being a bit thick though!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

There are 2 versions of the SH2, I'm not sure how they are distinguished other than by the fact that the FTTP version has a WAN port.

I presume the previous occupants should have left the hub.

On new provisions,the correct version of hub for the service ordered is supplied.

You need to contact customer services to get the correct hub sent.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

It's not you, I have both hubs sitting side by side at the moment. Both are SmartHub 2's the only identifying characteristic between the  two hubs is that the for FTTP the 4th ethernet socket is labelled WAN.

I'm happy to be corrected, but I believe the ONT is owned by Openreach and should have been left in place by the previous owners (although often this does not happen). The SmartHub 2 is part of your BT Service, so I would expect the correct SH2 to be provided to you as part of the service.

0 Ratings