cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Moved to Homehub 2 Purple Light

Go to solution

I looked to move to Sky and was put through to the leaving department at BT. No problems, happy enough and the chap on the phone was rather mystified by how little I had been in touch. I was sent a Smart Hub 2 to upgrade  2 and disc, to upgrade my homehub 5. I am a bit confused, there is a white box on my wall linked to my phone socket, with 4 lights, power, ADSL, LAN and LANQ, I linked my homehub to this via a cable to the red WAN port. There is no such port on my new Smart hub, I am just a bit confused as to how I should connect my new router. I have been in touch with support today but they seemed a bit confused too.

Can anyone help please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moved to Homehub 2 Purple Light

Go to solution

Hello @Adyc,

The purple light on my SmartHub 2 normally means that the ADSL cable is unplugged.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Adyc 

You do not need the white Openreach modem anymore, simply connect the smart hub 2 DSL input directly to the same place the Openreach modem was plugged in on your phone socket.

If you did not receive a RJ11 DSL cable, then simply use the one that is plugged into the Openreach modem.

You can then  remove the Openreach modem.

smart hub 2 vdsl.jpg

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Once you said I didn't need that modem the penny dropped. Thank you for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@Adyc wrote:
Once you said I didn't need that modem the penny dropped. Thank you for your help.

Its a fairly common question on this forum, and easy to answer 😀

0 Ratings