Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turley737
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Moving Cabinets

Go to solution

Hi All

I have posted in the past about a delay to our cabinet being activated. I found out more info during the week and was basically told they though the cabinet would be an easy install but it was anything but and that they wouldn't envisage any movement in the next 12 months and more than likely it would be 2020 when the USO of 30Mbps comes in before I seen an improvement in my speed which is currently less than 2Mbps. In effect they said the cabinet is cancelled

I requested would it be possible for BT to reallocate me to a different cabinet. They said once they have you allocated to a cabinet they won't reallocate you.

The cabinet that has been cancelled is about 150m from my property and the one I requested to be connected to is over a mile away. I appreciate that I wouldn't get superfast speeds but I would expect an improvement on my 2Mbps subject to capacity on the cabinet and ducting being in place. I live on a country road and the next house up the road (about 250m away)is connected to this cabinet and gets about 16-17 Mbps.

The properties on the cabinet I am being requested to being connected to where previously connected to a different cabinet until their own was enabled so there is a precedent for it on the exchange

I am conscious that the dealy from construction of the cabinet to likely activation is going to be 5 years

Anyone have had a similar experience and been successful?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving Cabinets

Go to solution
USO of 30meg........ What USO of 30meg?

Ref to connecting you to a different PCP Openreach won't but it's normally a case of can't.

Contrary to popular belief the Duct Network isn't all interconnected. Connecting you to that PCP might involve diverting pairs through hundreds if not thousands of metres of cable and probably installing new duct, joint boxes and cabling. I assume you'd happily pick up the bill for that which could add up to thousands of pounds?
0 Ratings
turley737
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

**edited by Mod**

I did state in my query subject to the ducting being in place. 

I think it is a reasonable enough question to ask 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Not gonna happen.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

turley737 wrote: 

I did state in my query subject to the ducting being in place. 

I think it is a reasonable enough question to ask 

The question was reasonable whover the answer seems unpallitable, nevertheless it is correct. The lords can vote for what they want and though commendable and understandable ( I happen to agree to a point) it ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Openreach has effectively been hived off from BT Group by OFCOM, they will no longer "own" the infrastructure but insted lease it from BT Group and will be starved of investment.

0 Ratings
turley737
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

My query was that if it was visable to move me would they they given the solution they had for me is not viable. Seems the answer is no

Thanks for the input

0 Ratings