cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Moving Home - FTTC

Hi all,

We are due to be moving to a new area shortly and I have been looking into internet options. Openreach website shows that fibre is not currently available, but FTTC is coming soon. However, the people currently in the property have fibre and the BT Wholesale site says FTTC is at the cabinet (which is Cumnor, cabinet 9), though there is a waiting list.

My question is, if we move to this property, will we be able to get fibre? Having called the sales line, they say that we will be able to - though I am worried I will sign up for the product then find we end up with ADSL.

As BT already have the slot at the cabinet, will it be a matter of us just taking this over, or is there a possibility someone else takes the slot when the current occupiers move?

Someone has previously suggested taking over the current occupiers contract, though this isn't an option for us.

What are our options, and how can we guarantee we will receive fibre, in the same way the current owners do?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moving Home - FTTC

@TJM87 

Welcome to this user forum.

I assume you are a BT broadband customer, as this is a BT customer forum.

If the cabinet is full, then if you need a connection, then you would have to accept an ADSL connection first, the upgrade to FTTC, when there is spare capacity.

You cannot take over the existing FTTC connection, as that would be given to the next customer on the waiting list, which could be from any provider.

All you can do is to see what is available when you move, and your phone line is active.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moving Home - FTTC

If there is currently a waiting list for FTTC on your cabinet then you will not be able to get FTTC until a connection becomes available. When you give up the connection by moving home then the connection cannot be transferred to new owner but it goes to first person on waiting list

In real life you just have to continue checking dslchecker and as soon as you see available then place an order.  Until then you can only get adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings