Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hjjools
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Moving Home

Go to solution

I used the BT moving home service on July 31st to move everything over to my new address (Phone line and BT infinity) on August 20th.

August 20th came and went with no internet or phoneline. The email had said the engineer would come in to setup a device on the broadband so someone stayed home for this, no engineer showed up. So the evening of the 20th on a webchat I was told that they had done work at the green box outside and to wait for the internet to come up.

Next day nothing so I called. There was an issue, explained to me as terminating the service at my old address, this was then changed on a later call or webchat to the previous owner of the new address not allowing their old service to be discontinued. I can't remember, there have been a lot of phonecalls and webchats. Anyway a day or so later I was told actually the whole order had been cancelled and we had then a few days of them trying to recreate/reissue/make it happen again...

Eventually it was decided to get my situation fixed they would cancel my old account and create me a new one and order the service annew, along with log a complaint for me.

So I then got an email announce a new date for equipment to arrive of September 11th with an activation of the phone and broadband service the following day on the 12th. I also got an email saying they'd setup a new BT ID and I needed to click the link to activate it. Unfortunately doing so it presented me with a security question "What is your mothers maiden name" and even though I know what that is, and have entered it for many other security questions, it didn't accept what I entered. 

Then I checked my old BT ID where my old account that's been shut down was and the security question on that was the name of my old school not my mothers maiden name.

So anyone know what has happened with this new ID and what will happen? Has it been setup with some random answer for the security question that I don't know? Is it going to work anyway because it uses my email address, which is already in use for my old account, which although shut down and the services on it cancelled, I can still login to. How's that going to work? 

It does say that I can login with my account number rather than the security question but I've not been sent a new account number. 

On top of all of that the 12th is no longer happening, it's now been bumped back to the 19th of September, no reason why and no email informing me specifically of this change, it's only because I noticed on the latest email to say that the equipment is coming on the 11th, the date for activation had changed from 12th to 19th. This is despite being told that cancelling my old account and creating a new one, along with the complaint being open would mean that the team would try and get this sorted as soon as possible. That's a laugh, nearly two months since I made the order and a month after I moved and still no internet and no I really have no faith that after the 19th anything will have changed.

A phonecall made just now confirmed the 19th is now the intended activation date, but no reason could be given beyond "behind the scenes technical stuff". Also apparently my complaint and compensation will be sorted, but they can't actually look at the complaint that was raised or do anything with it because that's on my old account and will have been lost, my old account which I can still login to.

Very unhappy, confused and would just like some answers, and also the internet connection and phone line that I'm paying for.

Anyone got any hope to offer? Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Moving Home

Go to solution

I have asked the forum mods to help you as you are not making any progress  they are BT employees and at least will be able to clarify current position with your order   they will post a link here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @hjjools Sorry for the delay in getting your services connected and for the confusion around what is happening with your order and online account.

We will be happy to help clarify things for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @hjjools,

I am sorry to see that your order has been delayed until the 19th of September. I've been checking your order and nothing stands out as to why it has been pushed back. Our suppliers, Openreach, are closed. I tried contacting them to be sure but can't get through. I'll need to speak with them tomorrow to find out why it was delayed for you.

For your BT ID, you would have had it set up previously with your old accounts. You should be able to log in using the same email address and password that you had for it. You can add the account in through there once this order has completed. Failing that, I can set it up.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
hjjools
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for the update and the information regarding the BT ID and account issue.

I'll wait and see what you get from Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @hjjools,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with me yesterday.

Everything appears to be on course for tomorrow. BT Wholesale, broadband suppliers, have left notes and a reference number stating that the line and broadband will be installed tomorrow any time between 8am and 1pm. I'd recommend having the Smart Hub set up ready to go so when the works carried out you'll notice the light on the hub go blue. It's also worth lifting your land line handset to check if it has a dial tone tomorrow.

I will be out of the office until Tuesday but if you need anything else in the meantime please let me know. Hopefully everything goes to plan and you'll have a working service by the end of tomorrow.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
hjjools
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks Daniel, fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help!
0 Ratings
hjjools
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
Unfortunately no connection yet, no contact from anyone today. Still says 19th on the order tracking.
0 Ratings
hjjools
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
I left the hub in all night and checked this morning. Still a constant orange light and I've got no tone on the phone line. It seems nothing was done yesterday and the order still says 19th.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @hjjools,

I'm sorry the service didn't go active as expected yesterday. @DanielS is out of the office today and I've picked this up on his behalf. I've checked with BT wholesale and the activation has been delayed until the 19th.

I've raised an escalation with them and I'll post back as soon as I know more. 

Please accept my apology for the delay.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
0 Ratings