cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Moving from Hub 1 to Hub 2

Go to solution

Have been looking at deals. The current deals Im being offered include things I dont need like a mesh/complete wifi - Ive already got it sorted out.  I would get a load of new kit but no increase in speed as still not available in my area.  BT have said that I could move from Hub 1 to Hub 2 eg: I could purchase a hub 2 as a one off charge.  Their view is that it would make the current system more reliable.  I can get a Hub 2 for around £70.  

I was just wondering if anyone has gone down this route and if so, was it easy? and was it worth it?

Look forward to hearing from you

Su

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moving from Hub 1 to Hub 2

Go to solution

@Su1994wrote:

I can get a Hub 2 for around £70.

Hi @Su1994   I never knew that they did a gold plated one 😀. If you don’t want to split the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands and have something that connects with the My BT App and feel the need to have the latest router then go for it. The old  SH1 (HH6) is much more reliable especially if you split the bands. Personally I would never pay more than £20 for a SH2.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@Su1994 

if your existing setup is working well for you then don't change - it won't give you any increase in connection speed

'if it's not broke don't fix it'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Their view is that they are going to squeeze some more money from you, don't bother, the hub2 won't be any more reliable than your current hub1. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you . This was basically the answer I came to in my head, just wanted to check I wasn't off kilter in my thinking
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
thank you. Too be honest it works fine. I also hate the idea of a long conversation with BT if I change the set up
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

The new hub (Smart Hub 2) is no better than the old one and since they upgraded my firmware on 21st May it's a total nightmare most of my stuff wont connect to the internet anymore.- I'd suggest you stay with the orginal SmartHub.

I am trying to get my SM2 soted out and as they couldn't find a slution they sent me a shiny new one. Unfortunatelt it "updated" it's firmware within eight minutes of switching it on and as its the same as the one they dump on 21st it has the same problems.

I'm not a happy bunny and as  I'm guessing that it's not going to be easy to get it fixed so I've got a third party router on order

0 Ratings