Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 45

Moving house and Fibre Broadband - slot coming available

Hi There, 

I am an existing BT infinity customer as well as TV etc. I am moving house next week and the house I am moving into currently has BT infinity. 

However when I go to check on the website it is saying the cabinet is full. On my BT when I try to arrange my home move it also doesn't allowing me saying one of my products is not supported at my new property. 

We need a high speed connection for work so this is really important and something I overlooked if I am honest. 

Now the people we are buying off have kindly said they will let us know as soon as they cancel the line by calling me. 

My question is if I call BT immediately will I be able to guarantee getting that slot? 

Alternatively they have said I can be there when they call and then just transfer to me to arrange take over of the new available slot - will this work and will BT allow that over the phone? 

Also do I need my home move date in place first? 

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
44 REPLIES 44
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 45

Re: Moving house and Fibre Broadband - slot coming available

Won't work I'm afraid, the slot will be given to the top of the waiting list. The slots are not just for BT but are available to any provider. Your only hope is that there is no waiting list and the slot becomes spare for you to grab.

The slots are allocated by Openreach, not BT.

0 Ratings
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 45

Hi Licquorice, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Two BT advisors have told me that they have no waiting list and it is literally the first person to place an order with them once the slot becomes available? 

If that is not the case as you are saying then why are they telling me that? 

Why is it whenever I deal with a utility provider (Not just BT) no one seems to have a clue how the company they work for operates?! Infuriating!

Thanks,

Jack 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 45

@Jemmingham wrote:

Hi Licquorice, 

Thanks for the reply. 

Two BT advisors have told me that they have no waiting list and it is literally the first person to place an order with them once the slot becomes available? 

If that is not the case as you are saying then why are they telling me that? 

Why is it whenever I deal with a utility provider (Not just BT) no one seems to have a clue how the company they work for operates?! Infuriating!

Thanks,

Jack 

They would not be able to see any orders from other providers who are next in the queue. Everyone shares the same cabinet as @licquorice has said.

If the cabinet is full, and there is a waiting list, then the slot is not going to be allocated to you, which is why you can`t place an order.

0 Ratings
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 45

Well how do we know whether or not there is a waiting list? And how many are on it? 

BT are telling me they don't do waiting lists and it is first come first served. Is that just wrong info? 

If so why are they saying this? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 45

@Jemmingham wrote:

Well how do we know whether or not there is a waiting list? And how many are on it? 

You said that you looked on the broadband availability site.

Broadband availability checker

I assume that you used their phone number in the checker?

If it shows "waiting list", then there is no way of knowing how many are waiting.

0 Ratings
Jemmingham
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 45

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateWBC FTTC 18x2 Provide AvailabilityWBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability  High Low High Low      Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date     ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date     Other Offerings     Availability Date     

VDSL Range A (Clean)45.832.48.95.929.6Waiting list----Yes
VDSL Range B (Impacted)35.8208.24.516.5Waiting list----Yes
FTTP on Demand33030--Available------
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 7--4.5 to 11Available------
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 7Up to 14.5 to 11Available------
ADSL MaxUp to 5.5--4 to 8Available------
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available------
Fixed Rate2----Available------
VDSL Multicast------Available------
ADSL Multicast------Available------

Well these are the results - this implies that FTTP is available but is that because the current residents have it? 

It certainly doesn't match up to the BT website which is saying the cabinet is full. 

Thanks for your help I appreciate it. 

It is just alien to me not to have fibre and will be extremely difficult for us. As we are moving a grand total of about a mile we didn't think it would be an issue... 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 45

@Jemmingham wrote:

BT are telling me they don't do waiting lists and it is first come first served. Is that just wrong info? 

If so why are they saying this? 

BT don't operate the waiting list, nothing to do with them, Openreach do. BT may decide that they won't put orders on the Openreach list.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 45

@Jemmingham wrote:

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateWBC FTTC 18x2 Provide AvailabilityWBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability  High Low High Low      Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)WBC FTTP Availability Date     ADSL ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date     Other Offerings     Availability Date     

VDSL Range A (Clean) 45.8 32.4 8.9 5.9 29.6 Waiting list -- -- Yes
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 35.8 20 8.2 4.5 16.5 Waiting list -- -- Yes
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available -- -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 7 -- 4.5 to 11 Available -- -- --
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 7 Up to 1 4.5 to 11 Available -- -- --
ADSL Max Up to 5.5 -- 4 to 8 Available -- -- --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available -- -- --
VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- --
ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- --

Well these are the results - this implies that FTTP is available but is that because the current residents have it? 

That is FTTP on demand which is an extremely expensive business product. FTTC shows a waiting list.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 45

FTTP on demand is more for business and very expensive - different to FTTP which is the residential version and not available to you

you can see checker shows waiting list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings